Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Avian Burn's Point of View

The party rock anthem blasted in the stereo that is placed near the pool. Too loud that it almost hurt my ears. But the others are enjoying the music.

It was embarrassing that I hit Liam's face with the water that was supposed to be Klaude's. I was about to say sorry when Liam removed the pool water from his face before turning to me. In a swift motion, he gathers a large wave and splashes it in my direction. I yelped. Instead of the pool water hitting my face, Kagan covered me with his body.

Uh-oh.

In return, Kagan splashes the water on their side as it happens simultaneously. Kahit sila Dan ay nakisama na sa pagsaboy ng tubig. But Liam and Kagan are as if in a competition who can splash water better. I gasped when they looked like they wouldn't stop anytime soon.

"This is fun!" Natatawang sambit ni Lovely habang tinatanggal ang mga tubig na napunta sa mata niya. Ngayon ay nakahawak na rin siya sa leeg ng kanyang boyfriend para hindi lumubog sa baba ng pool. Since this place is a little deep for us girls, the boys can perfectly reach the bottom tiles with their feet.

"Let's play a game!" Nadia suggested. And I swear I saw her smirk when an idea popped into her mind.

"Since we have an even number of boys and girls, why don't we play the chicken game?" I groaned at Nadia's suggestion. Sabi ko na ba at may kakaiba na naman pumapasok sa isip ni Nadia.

"Chicken game?" That piqued the interest of Pru, holding on to the side of the pool.

"It will be played in pairs. One person will get on the other person's shoulder. Knocking the other teams down." Nadia explained. I saw how Kagan's face frowned at that thought.

"I'm really sorry, Kagan. I sit on your lap earlier. Tapos ngayon naman ay may iba na naman na ipapagawa sa atin." Mahinang sabi ko. I couldn't even look directly at his face right now. It was because of this silly things that we did coming here. Kagan's touch lingers on my body. Especially he had been touching my waistline for many times already. Lalo na ngayon, nakahawak pa rin ito sa bewang ko. Tinotoo talaga niya ang sinabi niyang hindi niya ako bibitawan sa pool. It made me smile, thinking about that.

"Like this," Nadia said when Dan put her on his shoulders. Liam and Lovely do it, too, in split seconds.

"We're really doing this, aren't we?" Another whisper coming from me. He nodded silently. Telling me this was okay as he put me on his shoulder. Napahawak naman ako sa kanyang buhok. I'm really not competitive when it comes to games since it will only tire me out. Let's see what happens.

Klaude and Pru looked awkwardly at each other. Both thinking the same things. They are pairs.

"Can you really carry me on your shoulders, Klaude?" Pru asked. Ngumisi naman si Klaude sa kanya.

"I only have a weak heart, Pru. But I'm not disabled. I can carry you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

And just like that, we all sit on the boy's shoulder. Liam and his girlfriend are in the right corner. Giving Kagan a sharp look. I don't know Kagan's expression since his face is below me.

"What do we get from this? The prize?" Pru suddenly asked. Putting this game at a higher level.

"Hmm, let me think. A brand new couple necklace from the Trelawney sponsored by Dan's parents. What do you think?" Walang pag aalinlangan na sabi ni Nadia. Pru eyes lit up from excitement.