Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Avian Burn's Point of View

There is an event in school, so regular classes are postponed. Ngayon din gaganapin ang performance na tinutukoy ni Emma. In the end, I agreed to participate in their performance, but I will not join her club. Summer and Sam insisted that this would be the payback that I could do to Emma for losing the music book that her father gave her. Pero mamaya pa itong gabi gaganapin. The main event for today is the performance of each grade level. Ang napunta sa grade level namin ay acting. So, we prepared a role-play performance that was good for twenty-five minutes on stage.

Sam acted as our leader since she was the president of our class, and she also acted as the director of this play. Since Summer is creative, she is in charge of the cast's costumes. At dahil nasa literature club ako, ineexpect ng lahat na ako ang magsusulat ng script namin para sa play. It's not like my face is for the main character, so I wasn't chosen to play the main lead since the main leads are only for beautiful and charismatic people.

It's decided. Emma and Liam were appointed as the main lead.

Nakatayo lang ako sa gilid habang tinitingnan ang lahat ng kaklase ko na masayang nagkwekwentuhan at kung paano sila na eexcite para sa aming perfomance. The original plot that was mentioned in the meeting was to reenact Shakespeare's famous work: Romeo and Juliet. A story of two lovers who lived and died for each other.

Pero habang ginagawa ang script ay hindi ko nagugustuhan ang ginagawa ko. It was because Emma and Liam will do whatever the fuck I write in this. I hate the idea that Emma and Liam will act as a couple in front of other people. Anyone would easily spot the chemistry between the two. Pero pinagsiksikan ko sa isip ko na kaibigan ko si Emma. Hindi naman tama na makaramdam ako ng selos dito. Putting my personal feelings aside, I stared writing the script.

Everyone is now busy on the backstage. Tumulong na rin ako sa pag ayos ng stage dahil wala na rin naman akong ibang gagawin. When I went to the backstage, that's where I saw Liam having a hard time putting on the costume. Since everyone is busy, I mustered up my courage and go to him.

"Let me." Sabi ko at inayos ang vest niya.

"Thank you." He whispered. I can feel his breath brushed my cheeks. I tried to stand firmly as possible while helping him with his outfit. At dahil malapit lang kami sa isa't isa ay naamoy ko ang pabango niya. He even smell nice. Everything about Liam is nice. My heart couldn't stop beating loudly in my chest. Sana ay hindi niya naririnig iyon. I suddenly felt conscious of how I dress. I am just wearing a t-shirt and a short that is knee-length. Nakataas din ang buhok ko at hindi ko na matandaan ang huling beses akong nakahawak ng suklay. I was assigned to work outside the stage so I thought that there is no need for me to look nice.

"You are really great in everything you do, Avi. Ikaw lang ang gumawa ng script para sa play na ito, diba?" He asked. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko itinataas ang aking ulo para tingnan ang mukha niya. I focused on his custome because I was so shy to look at him.

"But not as good as Emma, Liam." Bulong ko naman. Liam just stood in front of me while I fixed his clothes.

"Hmm? Emma?" And I noticed his lips curved upward when he mentioned Emma's name. And I started to wonder what was running inside his head that he smiled provocatively like that.

"Never mind." Bawi ko kaagad. It's not like Liam and I were on talking terms.

"Avi," he called my name. It gives shivers down my spine.

"Hmm," my hands are still on his chest even though his clothes are already fixed.

"You are you. Emma is Emma." Pagkasabi niya nito ay doon ko na itinaas ang mukha ko para tingnan ang kanyang mukha. That's when I saw that he was looking down on me. Liam is taller than me that's why I have to look up. I was always looking up to him, though.