Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Avian Burn's Point of View

I've been busy the entire night. Especially recording the names and addresses where the painting will be delivered. I noticed Dan Mercedes bought three paintings totaling six hundred thousand—darn rich man. Even Reus Grimaldi bought one online.

At such a young age, Kagan Grimaldi can now live on his own without depending financially on his parent's money. Cheers to that successful life Kagan!

I can't help myself to look back to what I've become. At seventeen, I had a great plan ahead of me. At twenty-two, that plan just vanished from thin air.

However, despite the success of this event, Kagan doesn't look happy at all. He only had a neutral expression on his face when I saw him earlier. It's precisely nine in the evening when Klaude together his parents leave the event. Nagsimula na rin kumonti ang tao sa loob. Besides, the event is almost done. Nang pumatak ang alas diyes ng gabi, wala ng tao sa loob ng building. The guests had already left, and for sure, it was me, and Kagan were the only ones present here. I turned off the computer in the table after saving all the information from the buyers. Nang makasigurado akong tapos na ang mga gagawin ko, doon ko na sinimulan hanapin si Kagan. He wasn't in his office, so I went to the third floor. Going here always amazed me. Lalo na at sobrang lawak ng buong lugar. If I'm not mistaken, the room is thirty thousand square feet. The brass chandeliers dangling at the ceiling gave his paintings a classic look.

The paintings are still on the walls. We will work our asses off to deliver them to the new owners tomorrow.

"Hey," bati ko sa kanya nang makita ko siyang nakatayo lang sa harapan ng isang painting. He is holding his black coat in his left hand while his right hand is inside his pocket. He stood straight, and I could see his broad back in my place. At dahil nakatalikod sa akin ang binata ay may pagkakataon akong pagmasdan ang kanyang likuran. Ngunit bigla na lang itong tumingin sa akin kaya agad kong iniwas ang tingin ko sa kanya. He responded with a look that says he was in a bad mood.

Nang makalapit ako sa pwesto niya ay doon ko lang nakita kung anong tinitingnan niyang painting. It was the blackhole painting. It was evident that the blackhole painting have a two creator. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa maliit na placard sa may ilalim nito.

NOT FOR SALE.

"For a successful event like this, Kagan. You look so unhappy." Pumwesto ako sa tabi niya at tumingin na rin sa blackhole painting. He grunted in response.

"What's with the mood? Is it because you have to say goodbye to your masterpiece?" I tried to chirp in.

"No." His voice is clipped.

"Then what?"

"No, nothing. I didn't expect a lot of people to come and see my paintings, Avian. I'm not good with people. They exhaust me." Same here, Kagan. Same here. Even Kagan felt overwhelmed for the night. Marami talaga ang pumunta na tao. Hindi ko nga namalayan na alas diyes na pala ng gabi. I was busy the whole night. I couldn't visit this place until now.

"If you're tired, we can postpone our dinner." Sabi ko sa kanya. I can go back to the dormitory and rest, too.

"I'm not tired." He shook his head.

"Let's go." He was the first one to turn his heels again. Tumingin na naman ako sa malapad niyang likuran bago mapagpasyahang sumunod sa kanya.

"Saan tayo pupunta?"

"I got a reservation somewhere." He said without even looking at me. Kagan always walks in a long stride because he got long legs. So I have to double my stride to catch up.