Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Avian Burn's Point of View

"Why are you dragging me away from that man, Avi? I'm going to punch his face for hurting you. You didn't give me a chance." I rolled my eyes at him when he kept blabbering about punching Liam. Kalix really is always looking for trouble. And now I wonder why Kalix appeared this time.

"Where's Kagan?" Sinubukan ko siyang tanungin ng makalayo na ako kay Liam. Bumalik kaming dalawa dito ni Kalix sa cottage. Umupo ito sa couch habang ako naman ay kumuha ng pwedeng mainom. I think my throat is getting dry with all that crying and talking. Strange might it sound but I'm feeling a little better than earlier. Siguro ay dahil nasabi ko na ang lahat ng gusto kong sabihin kay Liam. After four years, we finally gained the courage to tell each other how we felt back then. What made it easier is that we both know that everything is just in the past. We live a different life now. And we both understand that.

"Kagan is looking for you. He was worried that something bad had happened to you. I helped him find you, Avi. Tapos makikita lang kitang umiiyak sa harapan ng isang lalaki. Thinking about him made my blood boil. Argh." He exclaimed. His hands turned into a fist, punching the air. Napailing na lang ako.

"Kalix," there's a threat in my voice.

"Fine, I'll stop. Besides, I don't want to ruin the mood. This is the first time that Kagan brought me on vacation." I pressed my lips together, realizing that Kagan had been himself most of the vacation. But not, until his other personality showed up. Maybe, this is the perfect time to be with Kagan in his dark times. He was with me all day. Hindi niya ako iniwan. He helped me face all my worries. And because of that, I learned to detach from my feelings for Liam back then. Having an idea inside my head, I pulled a chair in front of Kalix. Ngayon ay magkatapat na kaming dalawa. Nakita ko kung paano pumula ang pisngi nito dahil sa sobrang lapit namin sa isa't isa. I scoffed. It's not like we haven't been this close.

"Kalix, I want to ask you something."

"Sure, I know everything." He said. And I guess that's true. Kalix knows everything about Kagan, and he takes pride in it. I formulated a question inside my head. For sure, there is a connection between Kagan and Kalix. That will be the first question I will ask Kalix about it.

"What is the connection between you and Kagan?" Kalix crossed his arms and leaned on the chair.

"What are you going to give me if I answered it?" Tumingin ako sa aking paligid kung ano ang pwede kong ibigay sa kanya. That's tricky. And then my gaze dropped on the buns.

"I'll make you a burger." Lumawak ang ngiti ni Kalix nang sambitin ko iyon.

"You really know my weakness! You promise?" That again. That child voice in him. Tumango ako sa kanya.

"I promise. I'll make your burger after this."

"Fine. I'll answer now. Our connection is way underneath. Kagan is weak. He couldn't handle such difficult situation by himself. He doesn't want to get hurt, Avi. That's the reason why Kagan forgot about it, forgot about me. He doesn't want to remember because it hurts." He said as a matter of fact.

"But Kalix, he told me that he started remembering."

"Hmm, only when he started talking with Dr. Clarke. Good thing he's already aware of me." He said pensively. Feeling glad that Kagan finally recognized him.

"So our connection is that for every moment Kagan is hurt, he removed himself from it. And guess what? He gives all that pain to me. Kagan is not a complete person, Avi. Without me, he's incomplete." I cover my hands on my mouth. I was shocked at how straightforward Kalix is. But then, the first time Kalix and I met, he was direct and outgoing.