Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Avian Burn's Point of View

One week later, Pru and I met on a coffee shop inside the campus to finalize our paper. Kung dati ay nahihirapan ako kung paano ko tatapusin itong ginagawa ko, ngayon naman ay alam ko kung paano ko ito tatapusin.

"You looked quieter than usual, Avi. May nangyari ba?" Nagising lang ang diwa ko ng nagsalita si Pru. Nakatali ang buhok niya kaya kitang kita ko ang maganda niyang mukha. She leaned over to my side while I focus my eyes to the screen.

"No, nothing happened. I was just too focused on what I was writing." Since I was in the last chapter, I have poured my soul into it. I guess even Professor Collins won't like the ending that I'm writing. Pero wala akong magagawa. I'm not fond of writing happy endings, and I was the one who could manipulate the flow of this story.

"Not that, Avi. Simula nung nakabalik tayo sa rest house nila Dan ay parang mas lalo kang hindi makausap. Sometimes, I don't know when to talk and not to talk. I think in any minute you'll snapped at me." Napatingin ako sa gawi ni Pru na ngayon ay hindi pa rin niya inaalis ang tingin niya sa akin.

"Did you break up? You and Kagan?" I stopped from writing. I already expecting this from them. If they will ask about my relationship with Kagan. Ilang beses na rin akong nakapag ready kung anong isasagot ko kung tanungin man nila ako nito.

"We broke up last night. We realized that we have different personalities, so we clashed constantly."

Or.

"Kagan and I have a hard time influencing each other in a positive way. We already called it quits."

Or.

"Kagan broke up with me since he felt I wasn't sincere in this relationship."

Pero wala sa lahat ng ito ang sinabi ko kay Pru. I was even shock to myself that I let this lie go on a little longer.

"Kagan and I are just doing fine, Pru. I'm just on edge since this deadline is just two days from now. We still have a lot of finalizing to do. How about you, Pru? Tapos na ba ang ginagawa mo." Thank goodness I was able to divert the topic to her.

"Oh yes! I'm done. Tinapos ko ito kagabi. The main leads met on rainy days but found themselves in each other's summer. I read your work last time. Doon ako nakakuha ng idea. Since your main leads met in summer yet ended up in rainy season. I got a hint that it would be a sad ending, so I decided to make my story a happy ending." She showed me her laptop screen as she took a bite of the danish bread she had ordered.

"Is Two Seasons the final title of our work?" Napatingin ako sa gawa niya. It is indeed a happy ending.

"If you have other suggestions, we can change them." I got the iced caramel macchiato and took a sip.

"How about Us In Parallel?" I suggested. It occurred to me that the story that Pru and I made to leave a mark in this physical world turned out to be contradicting. The parallel universe started to come into my mind. Pru mouth turned O-shaped like she was processing what I'd said.

"I freaking love that!" Walang sabi-sabi niyang dinelete ang naunang title at agad itong pinalitan. Satisfied with our work, I emailed the remaining draft to Pru since she told me that she would proofread our work and submit it to Professor Collins.

"Do you still want coffee? My treat." Napaangat ang tingin namin ni Pru nang biglang dumating si Klaude at umupo sa bakanteng upuan sa aming harap.

"Klaude!" Pru exclaimed, cheeks getting red. Binati siya ni Klaude ng malawak na ngiti.