Chapter 4

"You will begin recording Pink Venom tomorrow," Teddy said, carrying a file with our schedule written on it, and we all nodded in agreement.

"Is the meeting over?" Lisa inquires, looking tired from the three-hour meeting, and Teddy responds, "Yeah, your manager will let you know your schedule for tomorrow," to which we all nod and rise from our chairs.

"I will stay and help write the remaining B-sides," Rosie says excitedly, to which Teddy responds, "Sure," and then Jisoo Unnie says, "I will also stay," and Teddy motions both of them to sit with other producers. Part of me wants to stay and help them write songs, but I have to meet G-dragon as promised, so I walked out with Lisa, and as I look at Lisa, I can tell she also wanted to stay but was too tired.

"I-I have to go meet an old friend s-so you can go and I will come to the dorm later" I stutter as I lie to Lisa because I don't want to tell her about G-dragon because she knows what happened in the past and will worry about me, which I don't want, so I lie to her but I am too terrible at it so there are few to no chances she will believe this stupid lie and I can see her trying to scan the nervousness on my face with her eyebrows raised but she says "Okay fine" and walks away to the exit of the building as I sigh in relief.

I go to the YG café where I see G-dragon waiting for me. Before I open the door to the cafe, I take a deep breath and tell myself, "You can do this." I then approach to the table where G-dragon was sitting and sit. There was a pause between us, which I broke by asking, "How are you?" He replies, "What do you think?" with a sad smile, and that's when the guilt floods into me and I inhale deeply once again as I say, "I never intended to hurt you," which is all I could manage to say since I was fighting back tears as I saw him and was afraid I may cry in front of him if I said anything further.

"It was never your fault", he adds as he stares into my eyes. "It was not your fault either, GD", I respond as I could see the tears he was fighting back in his eyes. and at that point, he breaks eye contact, turns away, and I say, "GD, it's okay to fall in love." "It's normal to fall in love, but it shouldn't be one-sided", he continues, causing tears to well up in his eyes. I muster myself the confidence to respond, "I know it hurts to move, but you have to understand that I was never meant for you GD," and then, with a faded smile, he responds, "Whoever you fall in love with will be the luckiest person on the planet," to which I respond, "And I'm sure the woman who's meant for you will be the luckiest too." At this point, we both laugh, and I say, "Promise me, GD, you'll take care of yourself and we'll still be best friends," with tears streaming down my cheek and When he sees that I'm crying, he says, "I promise," and as I was about to order, he stands up and says, "I have to go because I have some work, but we will meet again." Before turning around to leave, he says, "You are still an angel Jennie," and then he walks out the door. I smile at his words and get up to leave.

I leave the YG building, put a mask on my face, and choose to walk to the dorm rather than take a cab because I enjoy going for walks in the winter but, because of the pressures of my Idol life, I rarely get to do so without being recognized and having media outlets follow me. So, I figure, why not walk to the dorm in the brisk winter without anyone recognizing me today?

As I walked, I saw a father teaching her daughter to cycle, which brought tears to my eyes as I thought back to how much I had wanted a father's love as a child. However, as I looked at the time on my watch, I realized it was getting late and I needed to get to the dorm before Lisa started worrying about me, so I started walking as I cleared my mind of all my thoughts.

"Why is the company so far away from our dorm?" I muttered to myself as I crossed a bridge, but I stopped when I noticed a man standing on the railing and gazing up into the sky by himself. I chose to ignore him and continued going, but as I did, he turned back and said, "Were you following me?" As I said, "No, I wasn't I was just walking to my house," he was astounded, just like I had been, to hear Kim Taehyung's voice. As soon as I identified who it was, it was none other than Kim Taehyung and then he says "Jennie?" and That's when I took off my mask because it was no longer useful and approached him, "Taehyung?" And then he took off his mask and turned around to watch the sky, and he looked so gorgeous as the moonlight touched across his face, and that's when I said, "I am s-sorry," because I still had the guilt racing through my veins from refusing to be friends with him, and I know it upset him.

"Jennie, why do you feel bad?" He responds, "For refusing to be friends with you, but trust me, it wasn't because I didn't want to; it was because we are idols and we couldn't be friends," as I stand next to him and look up at the sky. I make sure all of that is clear so he won't think of me as the arrogant person people think I am, and he then replies, "We are also humans Jennie," to which I sadly chuckle. "I wish our fandom thought that way too," I say as I stare up at the sky, and he then adds, "I understand but we don't need to give them control to every part of our lives," as I looked up at the sky" He continues, "You are beautiful Jennie so please don't ruin that beauty by filling it with sadness," and I give him a dejected smile, "Thank you for saying that but sadness becomes a part of our lives the day we debut as idols." I could see tears welling up in his eyes, but he holds them back and asks, "Is it wrong to have control over our lives?" And just as I was about to respond, my phone rang. It was Lisa. Damn, I had forgotten that I had been walking back to my dorm because of this conversation.

I answer the phone and hear Lisa ask, "When are you coming back?" and I say, "I'll be there soon," and hang up the phone, and put on my mask. Taehyung asks, "What happened?" and I say, "I need to go back to my dorm," but before I leave, I ask, "Can we be friends?" I smile and look him in the eyes, and he says, "I would love to be your friend," as I turn to leave, he says, "sudden change of heart?" as I respond

"I would like to have little control over my life"