Chapter 8

"I told you all we shouldn't have attended the party" Jisoo Unnie expressed regret about attending the party as we made Our way to the van for Our upcoming visit to the YG building. Our CEO had summoned us for an urgent meeting due to ongoing rumors, which had left us feeling nervous.

The atmosphere inside The van was quiet, as each of us felt nervous about what awaited us at The YG building. We were all burdened by The guilt of lying to our company. Despite this, I finally had The chance to enjoy time with my friends after years. However, it seemed that nobody could see my happiness. The party yesterday had brought me immense joy, but all of it vanished due to The spread of rumors.

As we arrived at the YG building, we exited the van and headed to the conference room where our CEO was waiting. Upon entering, He gestured for us to take a seat and we obediently lowered our gazes. Suddenly, his voice boomed, instructing us to be truthful. He then posed the question, "Did you all attend the party?" I shut My eyes and inhaled deeply before admitting, "Yes, we did." In response, our CEO banged the table, causing us all to flinch.

The inquiry of "Who invited all of you?" triggered a sense of nervousness within me; considering his disapproval of any interaction between YG female idols and male idols from other companies. Attempting to calm my nerves, I stuttered out a response, informing him that "Ta- Taehyung from BTS had extended the invitation" However, his reaction was of anger, as he questioned the reasoning behind the invitation. Jisoo Unnie intervened to explain that Taehyung and I were simply friends. The unexpected inquiry of "Why do you enjoy befriending male idols, Jennie?" left me taken aback.

"Do I really have to ask for permission to make friends?" I asked. He responded, "Jennie, you're an idol your habit to make friends can lead to problems" I closed my eyes, tears beginning to form. Lisa noticed and reassured me, "Jennie and Taehyung oppa are just friends and Making friends is not a crime" Rosie chimed in, saying, "We can be friends with anyone we want and our status as an idol shouldn't affect that" Jisoo Unnie asked, "Instead of commenting on Jennie, can we focus on Our company's response to these rumors?" I took a sip of water before responding firmly, "My friendships are my own business, and not anyone else's concern." He seemed angry at my response but ignored it and declared, "We'll ask HYBE to fire the employee who leaked This information, and issue a statement that confirms the rumors are false. This is final, you can all leave."

As we exited the van, the group remained silent because of distressing incident However, Jisoo Unnie broke the silence during the journey by saying "It was not your fault Jennie," and we both cried in each other's arms. She reminded us that our freedom was something precious and must be defended from those who try to take It from us. Lisa expressed her anger as she said "Who does he think he is to dictate our friendships and Rosie also supported Jisoo Unnie's sentiments and shed tears in defense of me eventually, Lisa encouraged us to remain strong and always support each other, a promise that uplifted my spirits. It is truly a blessing to have these three angles by my side.

Upon our arrival at home, we all went to our respective rooms in order to take some much-needed alone time. Personally, I took the opportunity to check my phone, only to be greeted by  nasty comments directed towards me like.

"I am sure she would have tried to seduce our V" 

"You are such a bitch stay away from our Tae"

"She is such a slut" 

"Our Tae would never give attention to such a slut" 

Every comment I received was negative, with attackers targeting my character and even going so far as to question my self-respect and  slut-shaming me.

As I was scrolling through I received a notification from Taehyung which I opened

As I read his messages, a smile played on my face, grateful for his concern towards me

As I read his messages, a smile played on my face, grateful for his concern towards me. However, I was aware that my response would be painful, because of our blossoming friendship. Nonetheless, it has to be done for our own wellbeing.

"We cannot continue being friends Taehyung"