Chapter 9

As I woke up, I could barely make out the faint knocking sounds. I rose from my bed and opened the door to find Jisoo Unnie waiting outside. She invited me to sit with her and inquired, "I heard that you and Taehyung are no longer friends." Initially confused, I suddenly remembered what I had done before drifting off to sleep. Overwhelmed with guilt, I fought back tears and responded, "Unnie, I did what I thought was best."

She sadly gave me a smile and reminded me of our conversation in the van. I slightly nodded at her statement and she mentioned how she observed my friendship with Taehyung at the party. She advised me to not let the CEO control me and I replied by saying that I did not do what I did because of the CEO. However, she insisted that I did and emphasized that we are allowed to live our lives without anyone controlling us. I countered her argument by saying that the CEO's advice was not entirely incorrect since as an idol, I should be cautious of my relationships. Additionally, every male figure in my life has caused me pain anyways, and being friends with a BTS member could lead to trouble for us. I further explained that I have received an excessive amount of hate from armies, so I believed that my decision was for the best.

Jisoo Unnie urged me to give our friendship another shot, holding my hands as She spoke "You need to give this friendship another chance Jennie" I resisted, as I told her "Don't complicate things Unnie" However, She insisted "You are making things difficult yourself Jennie," using adorable puppy eyes to convince me to reconsider. She encouraged me to at least speak him. I eventually relented, promising to talk to him. Jisoo Unnie hugged me gratefully and exclaimed how thankful She was. Curious about how She knew about the situation, I asked her "How did you know that I ended my friendship with Taehyung," only to receive a coy response of "that's my little secret" before She shuffled off to her room.

I checked my phone and all the notifications of the messages Taehyung sent me I opened them and read his message which brought tears to my eyes.

"I completely understand with your situation, Jennie. If you feel that ending our friendship is the best decision for you, that's perfectly fine. However, If your decision is influenced by negative comments, remember that those who write them are nothing . While you've worked tirelessly and achieved a prominent position in the industry, they are merely spreading hate. It's important to stay strong and not let their comments bring you down. Take care of yourself."

With tears of joy rolling down my face, I pondered the depth of his goodness. How would I express to him that no other man has ever shown me this level of care?? How do I articulate that he is the first man With whom I feel truly at ease?? How can I let him know that he holds a special place in my heart as a dear friend?? And How do I convey that he has been a beacon of hope in my otherwise dark life??

Summoning all My strength, I called him, My heart racing with each passing ring. When He answered with his deep, husky voice, guilt flooded over me, causing me to tremble. He called out My name, "Jennie," and I replied weakly with his own, "T-Taehyung." He picked up on the sound of tears in My voice and queried, "Are you crying?" My response was hesitant, "N-no." I expressed regret over the text I had sent, which I believed was for the best, but now realized was foolish. I did, however, reassure him that He remained My friend. He chuckled and agreed. He then suggested switching to Facetime. I hesitated as I had puffy, tear-stained eyes and was a mess. I queried his reasoning, to which He responded "I want to see you Jennie.". Pushing aside My trepidation, I accepted and found myself looking at his handsome face.

He observed my appearance and asked, "Were you crying?" I responded, "How could you tell?" He chuckled and responded, "Your eyes appear swollen, Jennie. Tears don't photograph well with your beautiful eyes." I giggled and apologized again for the text message, to which he replied, "It's alright, Jennie, but punishment is in order." I was taken aback and stuttered, "punishment?" He replied, "Tomorrow, you must go on a coffee date with me." I sighed with relief and agreed, "Sure but in evening as I have scheduled in morning." He agreed but had to end the call as someone called his name, and he bid me a farewell before hanging up.

After conversing with him, I experienced a smile on my face. However, a call from an unknown number interrupted me. As I am not permitted To answer unknown numbers, I avoided it. Yet, the caller continued To repeatedly dial, so I reluctantly answered. To my surprise, I recognized the deep, male voice on the other end. Nervously, I replied with a greeting and asked for the caller's identity. Nevertheless, when he spoke again, I was startled and shocked by his statement.

"I am your dad Jennie"