Chapter 21

The CEO advises, "Jennie, it's in your best interest to end your relationship with Taehyung." Despite the CEO's gaze, I avoid making eye contact as my mind is filled with thoughts of Taehyung. However, I am also conflicted about my obligation to protect Hannah from my father, considering the promise I made to her mother not to send her to him.

"Public will not accept your relationship with Taehyung and considering your father's link with the mafia business Taehyung's life can also be at risk," Bang Si-Hyuk says as I feel anxiety rushing inside me as I try to take deep breaths but nothing helps and I feel at ease as Jisoo Unnie squeezes my hand and gives me support.

Bang Si-Hyuk is correct in saying that our relationship would not be socially accepted, especially considering that my father has already attempted to harm Taehyung through a staged car accident, and I can't put his life at risk because of our relationship. 

"Jen, don't listen to them and take the decision yourself," Lisa says after which she receives a glare from the CEO but that doesn't affect her a bit but I have made my decision and I am not changing it considering what's best for both Taehyung and Hannah's safety. 

"I have come to a conclusion that I will sever all connections with Taehyung." While the CEO and Bang Si-Hyuk appeared content with my choice, Rosie appeared disheartened and Lisa seemed visibly furious, as though she wanted to kill me for my decision. However, I plan to clarify the reason behind my decision to Lisa after we reach the dorm.

At the dorm

"I'm taken aback by your decision, Jennie," Lisa says while my tears flow incessantly, and Jisoo Unnie consoles me. I then ask, "Do you truly believe I'm content with this choice?" Lisa responds with anger, "Then why did you decide on it?" Although I lacked the strength to speak, I managed to explain, "My decision is motivated by Taehyung's safety because my father is capable of anything, and I cannot send Hannah to him either."

"Let your father inform dispatch about your relationship and face the public rather than breaking up with Tae Oppa" She shed a tear which had been held back for a long time, and as I wiped it from her cheek, I expressed my belief "It's not easy Lisa" However, Jisoo Unnie interrupted Lisa before she could reply, stating "Enough Lisa". Lisa was so angry that she stomped her feet and went to her room.

As Lisa and I were arguing, Rosie remained on the couch, tears streaming down her face. She comforted me by stating, "Whatever you decide, I'll support you," to which I reciprocated with a warm embrace and the words "I love you Rosie." Jisoo Unnie also joined in, smiling with tears in her eyes as well as she assured me that she would help Lisa comprehend the situation.

Hastily grabbing my phone from my bag, I sent a message to Taehyung as I proceeded towards my room.

Unaware of the fact that our meeting is the final one, I am aware that he will hold anger towards me

Unaware of the fact that our meeting is the final one, I am aware that he will hold anger towards me. Nonetheless, I must prioritize both his and Hannah's welfare, leaving me no alternative option.

At Taehyung's Apartment

"Jen, are you sure?" He asks, on the brink of tears. I hesitantly respond, "It's time for us to go our separate ways, Taehyung." He pounds his hand on the table, tears streaming down his face, and asks, "Why? What about all the beautiful moments we shared?" I cry as I admit, "We would never be accepted." He smiles sadly and says, "Why should we care about what others think?" But I respond with more tears, "We can't risk our careers, Taehyung." He closes his eyes and declares, "I don't want a career where I have to give up the person I love the most." I reach for his hands and plead, "Taehyung, please understand."

As his lips passionately collide with mine, I am pressed against the wall and willingly respond to his every move. I feel each moment of the kiss, recognizing that it may be our final embrace. The bittersweet sadness imbued in our kiss reflects our mutual desire for it to go on forever, knowing that its conclusion will mark the end of our relationship.

As we separate our lips, he gazes into my eyes and expresses with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"You will be my beautiful memory Kim Jennie no matter what you will always be the owner of my heart and I will love and cherish you forever even when you become just a memory of my life."

________________________________________________________________________________

Author - My apologies for failing to provide an update yesterday due to some work. I sincerely appreciate your support and want to emphasize that there is still more chapters to come.