Chapter 28

One year later

Taehyung gazes at me with eyes full of disappointment, exclaiming, "Jennie, I can't believe that you are doing this." I respond confidently, "I am doing this for us, Taehyung." He pulls me into his arms, cautioning, "You don't need to do this, Jen." With a smile on my face, I declare, "I feel happy about this decision, Tae." He smiles weakly and inquires, "Are you certain, Jen?" I affirm with enthusiasm, "Absolutely. Now, let's go. Rosie will be furious if we're late." Taehyung laughs and mentions, "It's amazing that she's starting her own label," to which I respond, "Yes, indeed."

As we were seated in the car, I glanced up at the sky and although it appeared the same as usual, it took on a newfound sense of perfection and wholeness. The reason is, I have someone by my side who is always there to support me, protect me, and stay by my side through thick and thin. Just like the sky, which looked flawless to me for the very first time, I feel like a whole and fulfilled person with this person in my life.

"Isn't the sky lovely?" I remark, glancing over at Taehyung. He grins in response and adds, "It's breathtaking, although not as much as you are." A chuckle escapes my lips before he suddenly stops the car and announces, "We've arrived."

As I gazed outside the window, flashes of cameras filled my view. The sight of the camera, focused on us, provoked a feeling of nervousness within me. However, Taehyung was by my side, holding my hand, and offered comforting words, "Jen, we can do it." In response, I smiled at him. As we stepped out of the car, a swarm of people eagerly attempted to capture a photo of us causing a sudden rush of anxiety. Taehyung's firm grip on my hand provided the much-needed comfort, and as we approached Rosie, we observed a sea of Blinks and army waving in celebration of her new label.

Upon spotting me, Rosie immediately embraced me, and in response, I reciprocated. Rosie then inquired, "Are you prepared for the Speech?" I weakly nodded, which did not go unnoticed by Jisoo Unnie, who assured me, "You can do this, Jen." As Lisa made her appearance, she advised, "Rosie, you should start your speech." Rosie hastily approached the stage, looking slightly uneasy with numerous supporters at the venue. However, Jimin encouraged her with a silent "You got this," prompting her to grin, take hold of the microphone, and begin her speech.

"Initially, my family thought I was too naive for the harsh entertainment industry, and I never imagined I would run my own label. However, I made it as an Idol, and my parents' warning about the industry's cruelty proved to be true. Nevertheless, I refused to abandon my aspirations and fought hard to achieve them. Currently, as an accomplished Idol, I am determined to fulfill my ultimate dream of launching a label. This way, aspiring individuals can realize their dreams of becoming an Idol through our company.

I am thrilled to announce the launch of my company, Rosemoon Entertainment, along with the exciting news that Kpop sensation Lalisa Manoban will be our first signed artist, while the talented actress Kim Jisoo will be managed by our team. Additionally, I am delighted to introduce Jennie Kim as the head producer of our company.

I would like to invite Lisa to share a few words over the microphone."  Rosie received a spirited round of applause, and I couldn't help feeling an immense sense of pride for her. Even though I wish to continue as part of Blackpink, I knew it wasn't possible for me because of the negativity that comes with being an idol, which took a toll on me. Initially, I decided not to sign up again and instead work as a producer for Rosie's company. Likewise, Lisa chose to sign up with Rosie's company instead of YG, while Jisoo chose to pursue her career as an actress under Rosie's company.

"Greetings everyone, I must admit I feel somewhat hesitant to speak at this moment. However, I would like to express my immense joy for being a part of Rosemoon entertainment as an Idol. Through my knowledge of Rosie, I am confident that she will not subject her artists to the struggles she herself endured in the industry. Thus, I trust her company will provide equitable treatment for all. With that being said, I kindly invite Jisoo Unnie to share her thoughts." Following Lisa's brief address, the audience rewarded her with a round of applause. Although Lisa felt disappointed in her inability to give a more extended speech, we remain proud of our dear Lali.