That Day pt. 2

Third POV

With Lucy and Ashley

"Ashley why does Edo Levy dislike you so much?" Lucy asked as she grabbed a brownie, and stuffed her mouth.

Edo Lucy sighed as she put down her spoon.

"She saw me attack and kill some of our colleagues." Edo Lucy said, looking at the ground.

"Mwha?" Lucy asked, her eyes nearly popping out of their socket

Edo Lucy sighed, and decided to explain.

Flashback

Edo Lucy POV

I was on my way to meet Araña and Shelia, to get information and provisions. I walked down the forest with a happy hum. I bonded with almost everyone in the guild and was at the center of a war, fighting against the tyranny of an evil King.

I nearly squealed of happiness, when I saw the shadow of a flying legion. I quickly and stealthily hid under the thick branches of a tree nearby and studied the legion.

When I saw the royal army seal on the legions side, panic began to set in my heart, since it was headed straight towards the meeting place the rest and I had agreed on.

'Dammit I just had to forget the calling lacrima!!' I thought as I ran towards the meeting place, hoping I could get there before the legion found it.

I heard the legion landing, maybe half a meter close to the meeting place making my insides dropped and my heart beat uncomfortably fast. I carefully walked close by as to not alert the legion of my arrival. I poked my head out from behind the tree I was hiding and saw a couple Royal Knights scouting the area.

"Sir!!! We don't see her." One of the Knights said as he got back.

"Damnit!" The leader exclaimed as he threw a stack of papers to the floor.

"Lucy Ashley was on her way here, according to our agents. We should hide and wait for her to arrive."  A female knight said as she looked around.

"Are we positive?" The leader asked.

"Why would we lie to such fine gentlemen?" I heard an all too familiar voice say, making it feel as though all the air in my body had disappeared.

"Lucy is a stupid child. She trusts anyone and everyone that is around her. Isn't that right, Araña?" I heard another familiar voice say from my right, making my knees feel weak.

'Why are they doing this? Do they not care for everyone that is fighting for the use of magic?' I thought feeling lost, seeing the ones I considered my friends, betray the rest of us.

"You don't need to state the obvious Shelia. Lucy is far too naïve for her own good, which is why we must make her see that for the future of Edolas, we must prohibit the use of magic outside the capital, at least until the King finalizes his plan." Araña said

"Enough with the chattering, Lucy will get here soon and if you don't hurry she will see us with the higher ups." Jäger said as he carried the goods he was supposed to give to me for the guild.

Karen and Shelia scoffed.

"She won't think much of it. We are all hiding our guild marks and we can just say that we found the royal knights here by chance." Orga said, his arms crossed and a bored expression on his face.

"Knowing her, we would get away with that explanation." Karen said before the group burst out laughing.

I looked down, the sadness and betrayal turning into an uncontrollable rage.