Searching and Answers

Third POV

Natsu, Happy and Lucy entered the store and saw it looked new, contrasting the exterior side. Happy and Natsu looked at it in amazement, but Lucy couldn't help but feel something off about the store. Taking caution Lucy lead Happy and Natsu through the store.

'Why can't I shake the feeling that something is going to happen? My intuition told me to look here, but I'm starting to think I should've ignored it.' Lucy thought slightly anxious.

As they looked through the store, Natsu got a wiff of blood, he quickly turned around and looked at the counter. Happy was still flying looking around, Lucy with him. While they were distracted Natsu quickly but quietly ran over to the counter and looked at the other side. He saw a man passed out with many cuts with three small creatures laying dead on the floor.

"LUCE!! HAPPY!! COME QUICK!" Natsu yelled.

Lucy and Happy had just gotten a hold of a book about dangerous creatures when they heard Natsu yell. Lucy quickly ran with Happy next to her and saw Natsu behind the counter with a man around 30 with some cuts.

"What happened Natsu?" Lucy asked rushing towards the mans side quickly calling out Virgo.

"Punishment time Hime?" Virgo asked

"No! Virgo can you please bring me a first aid kit." Lucy said still panicked.

Virgo quickly saw the man and his surroundings, her eyes widening a bit, and nodded. With a puff she was gone and back with the kit.

"Hime please let me take care of it." Virgo said knowing that these were not normal cuts.

Lucy looked at her confused but nodded. Natsu also stepped away from the man and Virgo was quick to get to work. Seconds later Loke opened his own gate.

"Loke what are you doing here?" Lucy asked confused

Loke didn't answer, which made Lucy worry. Loke looked at the man and the little creatures that were on the floor.

"Dammit!" Loke cursed punching the counter making it break.

Lucy and Happy flinched and Natsu looked at Loke.

"What the hell is going on Loke?" Natsu asked, not liking at all how they weren't getting answers.

Loke turned towards them a serious and murderous look in his eyes.

"How long have you guys been here? And how long have these things been here?" Loke asked, trying so hard not to burst.

"We haven't been here more than a day. The mayor didn't say, but it could've been weeks. Now tell me WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!" Natsu screamed

Loke growled at the answer, but began to explain.

"These monsters are crawlers. They attack at night and die if close to daylight or heat. They are supposed to be locked up in the fire circle in Adara, but about a month ago some ran out. We looked for them all around but couldn't find them. They attack small animals, but if they stay in a place long enough they begin to attack larger animals and humans. There are three ways to kill these things. One go into there nest and kill them one by one. Two kill the Queen and quickly leave. Three lure them out with a celestial mage as a sacrifice."

Natsu growled.

"And you didn't think of telling me?" Lucy said her words soft.

Loke looked down.

"Lucy we didn't want you to worry or run the risk of you getting hurt. These things are also part of why celestial mages were disappearing. They kill the celestial mages to harvest the power and evolve. We didn't want to run the risk of you finding out." Loke said.