Everybody's Sidekick

[Open. Ext. Gar's Hero Supply & Bodega - Day]

K.O: This is it K.O, Your first day on the job at Gar's.

(K.O looks up at the store with stars in his eyes.)

K.O: It's so beautiful!

(K.O goofs off for a moment and then takes a deep breath.)

K.O: Focus, K.O, remember what you are here for. Being helpful is the cornerstone of being a hero!  *dusts off name tag* Let's
get— (K.O accidentally punches Joe Cuppa in the gut and hurriedly helps him up. Joe Cuppa coughs.

K.O: Oh, jeepers! I'm so sorry, mister! Uh, lemme help you! Helping! I'm helping!

Joe Cuppa: it's fine, my ex wife punches worse.

[Trans. Int. Gar's Hero Supply & Bodega]

(Pird looks around. A huge line of customers forms in front of the counter, eager to get their items checked out. Enid puts up a closed lane sign. The customers groans and depart from the Bodega.)

Customer: I wanted to return the dress.

(K.O saluates to Enid.)

K.O.Helper K.O, reporting for duty!

Enid*chuckles* At ease, soldier. Helper K.O! Your first mission here at Gar's is to......clean up the store.

(Enid points to the closet full of cleaning equipment, with a sign on top that says "8 WAYS OF CLEANSING". K.O stares in awe.)
K.O.Wow! The ancient tools of cleaning the floor!

Enid*gestures* Now go! And save the bodega from the forces of dirt or something.

Godzilla: [Hands him a mask] you don't know what harmful shit would be in the dirt.

(K.O. dashes off and suits up in an armor of cleaning supplies.)

K.O: Ha-ha! Dirt, today you breathe your last filthy breath! I swear on the honor of the bodega, I will vanquish you!

(K.O. speeds through sweeping and cleaning through the aisle. Enid watches then is startled when Ginger appears at the counter.)

Ginger: Dearie, can I pay for this in thousands of pennies?

(Enid disappears leaving behind a log.)

Enid: Hmm. Ah! *pushes penny dish* Sort through this penny dish and take out everything that isn't a penny.

Godzilla: as you wish, queenie [Kisses her cheek]

[Enid giggles weirdly]

Godzilla: [counts fast], your missing two cents but [gives her two more cents] now you made your purchase, have a good day ma'am.

K.O: *laughs mischievously* Enid, Enid, Enid! All done! Anything else I can help you with?

(K.O drops the cleaning supplies.)

(K.O. looks inside the dish and sees a pen, a baseball, a throwing star, a teapot, and an onion with a face. He gasps and picks out the things. Enid is back to her phone.)

Enid: [Grabs the Throwing Star and the Onion with a Face] hehe, stress toy, anyway, you sure love helping people, don't ya, buddy?

K.O: Well, sure! It's my job. And isn't that how everyone feels?

Enid: Help people...? Nope, not for me. Too much work, too little payoff. I'm good with just helping myself.

(K.O. places the penny dish down and inhales deeply.)

K.O: Enid, I am going to help you!!

Enid: Ah! Excuse me?

K.O.*stands proudly* As an official helper of Gar's Bodega, I am going to help you see how great it is to help people!