Plaza Shorts

[Open. Int. Gar's Hero Supply & Bodega - Day]

[Text: K.O's Inner Monologue]

(K.O. peeks and dips a mop to a bucket of water.)

K.O: (V.O.) Hmm... *squishes the mop* Hmm... Perfect. *cleans the floor* Today I mop the floor, showing that I am capable of cleaning up after the mistakes of others. Yeah! I think that looks good! *reads book* And being reliable is part of being a great hero. *throws book in the air* Here comes my super-strong senior Enid.

(Enid holds nachos while she eats and spills them as she talks.)

Enid : *muffled* Wow, these floors are squeakin' clean. Nice job, K.O.

K.O: Ooh, Nachos

Enid: *hisses* miiiiiine

Godzilla and K.O: huh

Enid: uuuh?

K.O: (V.O.) My training is paying off. *mops* Keep it up, K.O, at this rate, you’ll be the most reliable.

(A shadow sneaks up on K.O)

K.O: (V.O.) What was that? Could it be an enemy? Ambush! Take that! *knocks down cans* Of course. Preparation. *reads book* Being prepared is key. Now I’ve been given a chance to improve my stacking ability. I can be a step closer to being great, like Radicles.

(Rad sleeps on a box and kicks it when he wakes up.)

Rad: Huh? What's that? Someone thinking about me?

K.O: (V.O.) All right! Here we go. *gathers cans* Let’s get stackin' like a hero! *stacks cans* Reliability, preparation, and organization.

(The cans display shake and K.O drops the cans. Can Wizard comes out of the display.)

Can Wizard: Hey! What have you done to the palace of the Can Wizard!

(K.O gasps and reads his book and confuses the Can Wizard for The Great Sage.)

Can Wizard: (O.S.) That’s the trouble with you all today! No respect!

K.O: (V.O.) Amazing! Fantastic! The Great Sage! The real deal himself. I gotta ask for his sagely advice.

Can Wizard Now you look here, large-haired child— *steps on a can and slips* Help this Can Wizard!

K.O: (V.O.) Help? Finally, the most important trait. I will help!

(Can Wizard crashes to K.O)

K.O: Ahh!

Can Wizard: Whoa-ho! Whoa-ho!
(Can Wizard and K.O both rolls to the pile of TNT crates and crashes it, causing an explosion in the bodega.)

[Ext. Gar's Hero Supply & Bodega]

(K.O: takes the Can Wizard outside and sets him down.)

K.O: (V.O.) Excellent work, K.O. The sage is safe from harm.

Can Wizard: What is wrong with you?! *whacks K.O. with his cane*

K.O: (V.O.) That's it! *reads book* What I must do is seek even more opportunities to further my hero-ness. *closes book* Thank you, Sage. Without even saying a word of advice, I have learned from you. Now with this newfound piece of wisdom, I will blossom even more—

Can Wizard: Oh, not another one of those young inner monologuers.

K.O: (V.O.) help out even more sages and seek guidance. *reopens his book* In no time, I will be a great sage!

[END]

Action News
[Ext. Lakewood Plaza Turbo

(Globe Man appears from the backdrop to start the news announcements.)