Chapter 2: Golden Specter

Okay. So you wake up in a world with demons, and now you're in an elevator...in an abandoned looking construction site...with a 'do not enter' sign...and you're heading below ground...

Great, just great! Just flippin' dandy!

As much as you wanted to slap MK's headphones off, you just stood there. Shaking, yet unmoving. What were you waiting for?!

Just snap the kid out of it! Your focus was completely scattered at this point. The moving sensation of the elevator, the smell of iron and rust, the occasional grinding noise...

You sighed and shook your head, going into another tangent in your head while failing to notice the elevator slowing down.

C'mon, if demons were really out for you, you'd already be dead. More likely, you'll just end up in a mining site with no one there, or get scolded by some workers. After this, you're gonna look back, and laugh at yourself for being so paranoi-

Where the hell is MK?

You frantically looked left and right, finally spotting the damn guy walking around without a care in the world. That's it, no more stalling. You're gonna march in there, grab his headphones, and pull him out. You're gonna call his name and-

"It feels like we waited an eternity for this moment..."

...On second thought, maybe you should keep your mouth shut.

"Is everything ready?" said a woman dawning a red dress and black hair styled to resemble bull horns.

"Just making the final adjustments, mother." was the response of someone who resembled a teenager, with fiery red hair and a red trench coat to pair.

Then it hit you, like the bricks you were about to crap. These two, accompanied with bull-like robots as their entourage, they were the people Gibby warned you about.

Demons.

It looks like you weren't the only one to realize either, as you would soon find out. You suppressed a yelp as you were pulled into hiding by a shaken MK, both of you stumbling into a pile of rocks and miraculously not being noticed.

"Finally, after all this time..." The woman continued, eyeing at a mound that she and everyone else surrounded. "We have the means to lift Monkey King's legendary staff."

At the mention of this staff, you turned to the boy beside you. Safe to say, just the sight of this staff was enough to take him away.

"Wow..." He breathed. "Monkey King's staff..."

Your eyes squinted on said object on top of the mound. Swirls engraved on the golden ends that the red staff adorned. It glowed with a golden aura, held by the vines of the mossy pedestal it stood from.

Alright, you can't ignore it anymore. What the hell does the gibbon in your dreams have to do with this monkey king? You knew they were different entities, considering the merch MK owns, but what?

You have a chat with a monkey in your dreams and suddenly hear all this big talk about someone who's also a monkey? Alright. Monkey in your dream, pig noodle cook, bull-looking demons, monkey legend, got it. What else?

As if on cue, something caught your eye.

You didn't know what you were looking at. All you could say was it resembled a person. A man. A...photographer? That's what you assumed anyway, given he had an expensive looking camera. Almost like the kind someone would use on a vacation.

But that wasn't what caught you off-guard.

What did, was his ghostly appearance. A specter of gold, with bruises and injuries only you could seemingly notice. Similarly, ghostly manta rays of gold swam around him.