Chapter 13: Doctor's Orders

"Exactly how long do you think you can run from me, again?" The Spider Queen taunted, chasing the teen in the yellow jacket. You kept running from the blade-sharp legs, tugging to the hood to keep your head covered.

Illusions gave the appearance of MK's red pants, black shoes, and white shirt. The cherry on top? The twig on hand giving off the appearance of his staff.

Gibby ran alongside you, following the swarms of maybe three or four golden sea life to wherever they were leading you. Sometimes, you would hear voices screaming for you to watch out, or to dodge. Voices you assumed was from the phantoms.

'Gibby, are we in the clear?'

"Not yet!" She yelled back, trusting her intuition. "Behind you!"

"Huh?" You rolled away from the incoming spider leg, before continuing your run. "What's taking them so long?!"

--

"It must be this way!" Doctor Bai yelled, relying on nothing but his memory to traverse through the tunnel system. A jacketless MK ran from behind, clutching his staff as a faint light grew brighter. Finally, they stopped in front of the boulder that blocked them from the rest, the crater-cauldron's light seeping through the cracks.

MK used his staff to smash the boulder into pieces, sending them flying. The pieces manage to cut through Mei and Sandy's cocoon, sending them face planting on the floor. Mei ripped her face from the floor, cheerfulness returning at the familiar face.

"MK!"

"MEI!"

MK rushed to her aid, helping her back up. He then looked at Pigsy and Tang, already free somehow. The latter still trying to readjust his ankles.

"Pigsy! Mister Tang! How did you two got out?!"

"Using that blade, it seems." The scientist noted, seeing shredded pieces of webbing around the dragon blade, as Mei went on to lift it.

"Oh yeah? And who are you?" Mei glared at the unfazed Doctor Bai with skepticism.

"Oh right!" MK got between them, ready to introduce them to each other. "Mei, meet-"

"Song?"

The scientist's ears perked at the mention of his first name, meeting eyes with Tang.

"...Tang?"

"You two know each other?" Pigsy raised a brow warily.

"Yeah! We used to be classmates in elementary." Tang gestured to him, a small bit of pride nestling from being the only one in the group to know him.

Song scoffed, hiding a smug smirk. "Unfortunately."

"Hey!"

"You know, he used to beg for me to tutor him the day before exams." Song snarked, having a bit too much fun from Tang's embarrassed look.

"Heh, at least you don't have to deal with him asking for free noodles all the time." Pigsy crossed his arms, already liking the new guy.

"Hey! If I may remind you, I'm tutoring Bell in Mandarin for them."

MK and Mei looked at the bickering continue, before sharing a look and holding back chuckles. Sandy stood there awkwardly, before realizing that Mo was missing.

Said cat was crawling on the webs above, getting increasingly annoyed at the bickering. He saw your flutes and hoodie still attached to the webs, and conjured a devilish idea.

"If I may remind you, I never agreed to that." Pigsy continued. "It's Sandy paying for your meals, and that's just the paid noodles."

"Tang is a frequent customer of yours?" Song raised a brow. "I pity you."