Chapter 28: Floats And Fans

"Thanks for coming along, Gibby." Sandy spoke while repairing one of the floats, lantern lights illuminating the center of the park where the floats were being readied. "I know it feels weird that I want to talk to you without the others, but I have a feeling this isn't something you're ready to share with them."

"Uhh, now that you say it like that..." Gibby's eyes trailed away, previously watching what the blue man was doing while perched on the float's railing. "I'm a teensy bit worried..."

"You don't have to answer, really!" Sandy assured, waving the wrench in his hand. "The last thing I want is to make my friend feel pressured. Something's just been bugging me recently."

"You see- the night before DBK's second attack, I let someone stay in the boat for a while." He continued, hands working on what needed to be repaired as he recalled the events. "He looked like Monkey King, but with black fur."

If Gibby's attention wasn't already pulled by now, the mention of the dark-furred monkey tugged her eyelids up. "...Did he say what his name is?"

"I think it was Macaque." He mumbled with some specks of uncertainty, only confirming Gibby's suspicions. "He said something about a villain. Someone stronger than even DBK. When I asked him about what he was talking about, he told me to ask you."

Gibby's knitted her brows together. This was probably some kind of payback from outsmarting the six-eared monkey. And so, he returned the favor. Cornering the gibbon into this less-than-favorable situation.

"I-it's just a gut feeling right now...but-" She returned her gaze to Sandy, nervously running her fingers through her hair. "Remember how DBK acted...weird, last time? Like he wasn't like himself?"

Sandy nodded, curious on where the conversation was going. "Yeah, I do. What I find weird was when we saw him and the bull clones, their eyes were blue. They're not usually blue, right?"

Gibby shook her head. "I think DBK wasn't acting like himself because it wasn't him at all. If it was, why would MK tell us that he tried to fight Red Son and PIF? I think...someone else, is behind this, but I'm not sure yet. The best thing to do for now is train more, just incase something does happen."

"Alright then, I guess this means things are going to get harder from here on out." Muttered the fish demon, making finishing touches to the float before standing with hands on hips. 

"That should be the last of them. We should probably meet up with the others. I can't exactly keep all of these goodies to myself." He chuckled, pointing at the pile of goodies he managed to get a while ago.

"Maybe we can share them with our new friends too!" Gibby piped, mostly excited to see a certain tailor again, but also still curious about the fox and the spider. "They could already be there by now!"

"Then that's where we're heading next!" Sandy exclaimed with his usual smile, picking up the pile of goodies as Gibby hopped on his shoulder. "Next stop, Pigsy's food truck!"

Gibby screamed from the adrenaline as Sandy ran past the crowd, leaping into the air and landing without breaking a sweat. 

"Excuse me! Coming through!"

Up, down, left, and right, the duo went. All the while Sandy's hands were full of goodies, doing nothing to hinder his speed and agility. Gibby held tight, wind causing her hair to flow like a comet's trail, making her look like a blur of gold perched on the bigger blur of blue and ginger.

"Hey, isn't that them?!" Gibby yelled, slightly tugging on Sandy's mohawk to direct his attention to the two teens. Rasmus and Alix stand just outside of the theater, as if searching for something, or rather, someone.