Chapter 30: Pest Control

Symbols glimmered and circles glowed. Leaving traces and lines of ember was Red Son's finger, guiding the magic into a forming blueprint of sigils melted into the floor's metal. Tang and Sandy watched in awe, but Pigsy and Mei remained skeptical. The Monkie Kid himself was still unsure of this plan, but did his best to assure himself we was doing the right thing.

This is what Monkey King would want him to do, right?

You on the other hand, were kneeling in front of a zoned-out Alix, who sat down and watched you as you performed the selective visibility spell. A mix of guilt and fear forming a pit in her stomach, seeing the person tasked by her parent to protect her...like that. After trying to convince them that she'd be fine on her own.

All the while Gibby kept chatting and climbing around a confused Rasmus, now able to see the hyper little ball of white that claimed your hair as her nest. She continued to brag about being the one who had the idea of giving him figs, guessing around to see how different he was from his reincarnation, and trying to figure out what nickname to give him.

Spindrax was equally as spaced out as the fox girl, leaning with arms crossed and gripping her sleeves before having her turn with the spell. The last thing she needed was to have her racing thoughts mess up her glamour. Before, she dreamt of the day where she could walk around the way Pigsy and Sandy could, without fear of not being human. But after this...?

As if...

She, Alix, and MK were the most bothered in this situation, and it didn't go unnoticed for you. With that said though, there weren't any words of encouragement you could think of at this time. That, and you recognized that they still need to process everything that's happened.

Finishing up with Spindrax, the both of you stood up and met with the rest of the gang. You didn't bother performing the visibility spell on Red, since Gibby could just choose if Celestials could see her. And, well- Red's half-Celestial from his mom's side. All of you leaned to see the final product of Red's work, said bull prince in the way of your sights and too proud of his work to care for it either.

"So..." Tang spoke up first. "How exactly does this work?"

"Ugh..." Red frowned, his moment of pride interrupted. "If I tried to explain mystical interdimensional travel to a bunch of peasants, it'd melt your brains!"

"We don't have any other option." MK added, both trying to assure them, but also himself as well. "We have to trust him."

"Great speech, Noodle Boy." The prince chuckled in a demeaning manner. "Super motivational."

He then commenced the spell's activation, dramatically spinning to face away from the group before pressing both hands on one of the smaller sigils. With a twist of his wrists, glowing bronze sparks formed all throughout the Dronecopter, readying it for the forming portal symbol in front of it. Red grinned while fire circled around him, but had his moment once again interrupted by the scholar.

"Uh, are we sure mortals can travel to the Celestial Realm, yes?"

"Of course, they can!" Red Son confirmed the rather stupid question, quickly resuming his spell only to be interrupted again. This time, by the chef.

"Safely?"

"Sure." He answered once again. "Probably."

"Probably?!" Most of the group yelled at once, but was given no answer as Red finished the spell and sent the ship through the portal anyway.

The vehicle passed through three more rings of sigils before finally emerging to the other side. Small flames danced at some parts of the drone, yet nowhere near any of you thanks to Sandy grouping all of you together with his arms. All of you, but Red, who stood there unsurprised.