Chapter 10: Sweet Embrace

(A/n): Yep, there's a song here. Don't worry, it gets cut short. And btw, this is what a sunwheel looks like:

 And btw, this is what a sunwheel looks like:

And this is what Gibby looks like:

__________________________________________________________________________________

The more Mei toured all of you around the place, the bigger and grander it seemed to be. Vehicles seemingly more advanced than the ones you've seen, a garden of meticulously cared for plants and shrubbery, artifacts of old lining the many jade-kissed halls, and many other rooms that might've made you lost count.

The more you all ventured in, the more it cemented the fact that you were in what was practically an ancient palace that was built before you, and will outlive you as well.

Honestly, after seeing this museum of a place, you were a bit thankful that you grew out of the touchy-climby approach MK and Gibby used on the artifacts earlier. Your younger self would've destroyed everything by now.

One of the very few habits you grew out of.

Especially since you were walking where other powerful draconic beings of the past once walked on, where their descendants of the future will one day walk on as well. That alone, easily made you feel small in comparison.

Footsteps echoed from your soles as you all walked on the jade path, only occasionally stepping outside of the golden outlines and on the marble floor. It really gave you a perspective on where you were right now.

How many alliances, conflicts, and truces were formed here? How many children were forced into their parents' shoes at an early age? How many were born outside of wedlock?

How many people died in the hands of each gilded jade weapon on display? How many clan members were banished out of bringing dishonor? How many acts of treason took place here? Maybe even attempts of assassination?

And how much of it was truly justified?

Maybe it's just your Countryhumans phase coming back to haunt your fandom obsessed self that needed to touch more grass, but you just couldn't help but wonder-