Chapter 15: The Prince And The Dealmaker

(A/n): So there's two things I want you guys' opinion on. First, I was thinking about whether or not I should change the story title to a more lore-hinting title. I won't say for now. Second, the more I figure out Bell's backstory, the more it started to make more sense if they were transmasc. I've been putting small hints of that possibility, but it's time to actually ask you guys if I should go with it, or keep it subtle for the sake of not making the female readers feel ripped off. Anyway, with that out of the way, enjoy the chapter)

--

"So this is the place, huh?"

You hopped off Mei's dragon bike, staring at the towering gates in front of you. Red from rust and age, it sealed you from the seemingly normal open-air marketplace. 

The setting sun coated the skies with a vibrant orange hue, shadows of the thin fiber-like clouds being casted down the city.

"Yup. You usually have to wait for the sun to fully set before you could get in." Mei spoke from behind, still dawning her racing outfit. 

Taking off her helmet, she set it on the seat of the bike before catching up to you. "You also gotta knock on the gate four times."

She pointed at the brass door knockers, where the handles usually were. You nodded, reaching your hand to feel the rough texture of rusty metal. 

Brass? Maybe, you couldn't tell. With Mei on one side, Stain walked to stand on your other side, just as curious as you were.

"This oughta be good."

Ignoring their statement, you looked at the dragon girl beside you. "That all?"

"Yup. Have fun, Bell!" She bid you farewell, heading back to her bike. She wasn't going to come along? Confused, you went to hold her by the shoulder.

"Wait-"

"Hm?" Mei turned back at you, oblivious to what you were thinking.

"I-" You let go of her, shaking your head. "Never mind. You need to head home, right?"

Mei laughed. "I actually want to join you really bad. But I still have to practice with racing, you know?"

"A-again?" You raised a brow. "Didn't you already...did that for hours a while ago?"

"Yeah, but haven't you heard?!" Mei pulled you by the shoulders, your noses practically touching at how uncomfortably close you two were. "The Great Wall race is getting closer! And I need to be ready!"

"Yeah, that explains why you wouldn't take a break..." You deadpanned, recalling what you all did after being in that abandoned place. 

Mei racing around, MK suddenly busting in and talking about how glad he was that none of you were perfect, although you had no idea what that was about. 

You sighed, taking Mei's hands off your shoulders. "Guess I'll have to do something else while I wait for the sun to set."

"Pfft, good luck with that then. Oh, and when you do get inside, try the street food for me!" Mei grinned. "I've always wanted to try some. I heard it tastes good!"

"I'll trust your word for it." You smiled lazily.

"No you don't." Stain snarked, earning a quick shush through your mind. Although to Mei, it seemed like you just twitched your brows down for some reason. Confused, she just shrugged it off.

"Well, I'm gonna go now. See you tomorrow!" She wore her helmet and boarded her bike. "Byeeee!"

You raised your hand as you bid by back, watching her drive away through the empty road. So that leaves you and Stain. Now, as much as you wanted to kill the time, you didn't have any ideas.