Chapter 33: In For A Penny

MK's abandonment issues calmed down as Mei's sleeping self fell on the floor. His worries escaped through his sigh, muttering a 'Thank goodness' before rushing to wake her, Pigsy, and Tang up...but nothing happened. MK stood up in a cold sweat, feeling his worries coming back to gnaw on his mind. "Cool, cool, cool. Okay." He stammered. "Everyone is asleep. Monkey King is gone."

"It's just me and my thoughts." He fell on the floor, stuck in an infant position. " All alone."

Just when he hoped to be proven wrong and hear his friends' voices, no response was there to soothe the panicking boy.

"...This is fine."

Meanwhile, you were outside and in a similar position, walking some steps away from the shop to see different people asleep instead of doing their usual routines.

Hadn't you known any better, you'd mistake this place for a ghost town.

You'd usually excuse it for a villan-of-the-day situation, but the whispers sniffing on them were suggesting otherwise.

Hoping no one in the shop was affected, you walked inside and looked around, seeing Mei, Pigsy, and Tang fast asleep. You can at least have some relief, knowing that their phones are keeping the whispers out, but that relief was immediately cut off by MK pouncing on you.

"MK, what the he-"

"Bell!" He screeched, clinging to your face for his dear life and sanity. "I forgot you're still here! Oh thank goodness, pleaseneverleavemealoneeveragain-"

"Okay. first off..." You picked MK by the hood and peeled him off your face. "The Bell express is only for anyone Gibby-sized or smaller. You are neither of those things."

"And second..." You set him down, leaving him looking like a soppy lost puppy. "You really need to get those issues checked. You sure you don't want me to phone Sandy's therapist?"

"Ohoh, rich coming from you." He shot a glare at you, crossing his arms. "I don't know exactly what issues you have, but I know you got them!"

"Takes one to know one then, huh?" You gave a sly smirk, feeling a small buzz behind your ear. A whisper from Gibby, asking for a private talk. "Hey by the way, you don't mind giving me some alone time for a bit, right?"

"What?!" The delivery boy yelped. "You're gonna abandon me too?!"

"Comrade, you can survive without me for two minutes." You deadpanned. "I'm not abandoning you-"

"Fine then! Leave me alone!" MK shouted, stomping to the back of the counter. "Let's see which one of us cracks first!"

"Uhh, MK?" You stared in confusion, seeing him drag Pigsy's sleeping self with all of his leftover energy. "Why are you taking Pigsy with you?"

"For the emotional support you wouldn't give me!"

You watched him storm off before putting Pigsy inside of a shopping cart and pushing it away in frustration. Sighing, you dug your hands inside of your pockets as Gibby hopped off of you. From bee to her normal form, she perched on the counter, eyes distant on where MK previously was.

"Are you sure there isn't any other way we could tell MK about the plan?" 

"As of right now?" You shook your head, fanning out small embers of regret before it becomes a bigger nuisance than needed. "Better reason to make this talk quick, then."

"Oh yeah, the gut feeling!" The gibbon suddenly remembered, before spilling all the information she can before she could forget it again. "So you know how animals leave scent marks and stuff? Demons can do something similar to track stuff and people if they want to find them later!"