Prologue: The Proposal Pt. 2

(AHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAUSHAPIUDHAFLIUHAEFP UEP IUEHFPISUEGFP. Sorry again guys! I have been drained for the last couple weeks and it was my birthday a couple days ago sooooo. Sorry for the slow updates, I'll try get back into a schedule once I can be asked. Hehe! Let's get back to the story!)

"GO ON THEN!"

"Marry me"

|Charlie's pov|

"What...-"

"Marry me. Charles Spring will you marry me?" He repeated

"You're fucking joking,"

"No, no I'm not. You wanted an answer and I've given you one. Will you marry me?" He said for the 4th time that day.

"This is fucking unbelievable, you're not thinking! Have you had something to drink? Are you drunk?"

"No! Charlie just listen. I don't know why you're acting like this?!-"

Fuck. Here it comes.

"What do you mean, how am I acting?!" A lump formed in my throat "Why are you acting like this?!" 

"Charlie..."

"NO! I'M FUCKING FED UP, I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP, I HAVE A KID WITH THE MAN OF MY DREAMS. BUT SOMEHOW, IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH!?" I started crying. "Why not... This isn't what I wanted, it needed to be perfect! I had it all planned, I've fucked up." I stood up and faced away from Nick. I heard him rummage around.

"Char-"

"I'm sorry... I can't do anything..."

"Charlie, turn around..." I turned swiftly. And there was Nicholas Nelson staring up at me from one knee with a box in his hands.

"You didn't-"

"I did!" He chuckled. "You're stressed baby, stop thinking about everyone else."

"I'm a training child therapist-"

"Aside from that!" Tears swelled up in his eyes. "What do you want Charlie?"

"I want us. Forever."

"We can baby. Just say what you want..." He paused to wipe his tears. "If you're not ready that's fine! If you want to break up completely-" Nick started crying again but he was smiling... "If you said yes you'd make me the happiest man alive!"

"You're so cheesy," I sniffed.

"I know," He breathed in deeply. "So? What do you say?"

"For fucks sake. Yes. Just-" I pulled him up from the floor and put my arms around his neck. "get up!" Nick slipped the gold ring onto my finger. 

"I do love you Char, you're doing amazing and I'm so fucking proud of you."

"I love you too. Thank you, Nick, but I am an asshat and you're way too good for me," I replied, kissing him. 

"But you're the only one I want." I admired Nick's soft brown eyes while he looked into mine.

"One sec. Close your eyes. No peeking!"

"Char- what are you doing?! It's like 2am!" I laughed at his comment and continued searching for it.

"Okayyyy, open...Now!" He opened his eyes and looked down at me holding a ring using my hand as a lid to cover it, opening it as he watched.

"You fucking twat. Bloody hell! Is this what you've been so secretive about!?" I stood back up and held his hand.

"Maybeee! But, we should probably sleep now."

"True,"

|THEY SLEPT CAUSE IM LAZY AF|

Nick and I were sat at the kitchen island, talking about the night before.

"So...We're technically engaged now..." I said, admiring my new ring for the 8th time that morning. 

"I-...Yes." Nick said, also staring at his.

"How are we gonna tell the others. Casual? Formal?" I asked.

"Char- be serious. When have we ever told them something in a formal-" He made air quotes with his hands next to his head. "-way?...Exactly, they won't really care as long as they're told!"

"You're right...But I still think we should do something," I replied.

"Hmm, we could send them on a treasure hunt?" Nick suggested, I shook my head.

"Tao would catch on immediately."

"Okay then, when are we next seeing them?" He asked, I checked the group chat.

"Uh, today?" I replied.

"What?! When?!" 

"In an hour." 

"SHHHHHHHH-" Nick was about to swear when I saw our daughter walk in.

"Nick, don't you dare. Just get ready!"

(Sorry for being off again and for the short chapter! I promise the next chapter will be longer. Speaking of that... Should I continue this? Or do you want me to continue the present time chapters? It's up to you guys.)

Reply here for continue older chapter ---------->

Reply here for continue from this chapter ---------->

I will continue truly based on these votes. You all have a week to choose! Love you all and stay safe)