I'll always need you.

(Can I just thank everyone reading this, FOR reading this! I honestly started this with no intention of it getting big or anything really. So thank you everyone for all your kind words and support HOPE YOURE HAVING A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY IF YOU CELEBRATE IT AND EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD ONE. ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!)

|Charlies pov|

The car journey to Sarah's was longer than usual but we still got there a reasonable time.

"Rey, we're here! Grandmas waiting for you!" Nick said. Rey's attention,

"C'mon, grandma's waiting!" I ushered as I got out the car.

Rey took her seatbelt off, got Nick to help her get out the car, and ran over to Sarah who was trying not to laugh or cry.

Rey and her hugged tightly.

"Ooh, you've grown so much sweetheart!" Sarah awed. Squeezing Rey and showering her in kisses, when Rey went to get her drawings Nick and I had our go.

"Hi, mum" Nick said opening his arms for her.

"Aww Nicky, how've you been?" Sarah turned to me "both of you?" I gave her a hug.

"We're alright, just tired I think" I said smiling weakly

"T'oh it'll be alright, you'll get there I know you will." We all made our way inside "who fancies a nice cuppa?"

"I'll do it mum," Nick offers

"Well done to Charlie for keeping your manners up!" She laughed, I laughed too

"Muuum!" Nick whined.

"I'm kidding Nicky, you're very well behaved."

Sarah and I sat down in the living room as Nick made us all tea, Rey sat next to Sarah , showing her all her drawings.

"I made this one for you!" Rey said, shoving one in Sarah's face. She held it up so she could see it.

"Wow it's very nice! I love the colour!"

Nick came in with three mugs.

"Here's yours, Char. Mum and me." Nick handed them out then flopped down into his chair. Rey moved to sit on his knee as she sorted through her drawings.

"So, Charlie I hear you changed courses in uni again?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, I was doing music but half way through I had to drop out because of- y'know, issues" Sarah nodded slightly "so when I came back I thought something new would give me some more motivation, so I joined the psychology course!"

"Wow, good for you Charlie. I'm sure you were happier to be getting on with something else." She agreed.

"Yeah, I think I just needed something new." I looked over at Nick who was studying the room.

"Mum did you get this room re painted?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and laughed,

"Yes, the old paint was peeling. I tried to get the closest match."

"Was it the same for all the rooms?" He interrogated

"Just about- Nicky what's wrong?" Nick stood up, picked Rey up and ran up to what I could only think to be his room. "What on earth is he doing?"

"Nick, hasn't been handling change- um very well lately. We think it's got something to do with me going to hospital and everything."

"Yeah of course,"

"It's all good Charlie! Our initials are still there!" I laughed as Nick ran down the stairs, Rey giggling in his arms.

"Haha! That's funny" I laughed placing my mug on the coffee table.

"Oh, that! I was wondering what you were on about for a minute."

"Sorry about that mum." Nick apologised

"Oh shush you, it's fine."

"Rey can you go get Dads special bag from the car?" Nick asked, Rey nodded and ran outside. "We have some...news"

"Is something wrong?" Sarah looked at us both, we shared a glance.

"Actually mum...we're having another baby." Nick said sitting next to me and holding my hand.

Sarah stared at us in shock for a moment before it turned into a broad smile and tears. She came over to us and hugged us tight.

"Aw my babies, I'm so happy for you. You've both been through so much and deserve this." 

"Thanks mum." Nick said hugging her back. Rey came back in with the bag Nick brought, it had a couple presents in there from us to Sarah.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she walked in.

"Nothing hun," I dismissed quickly. We were planning on telling Rey a special way "have you got the bag?" She nodded and passed it to me. I handed it to Sarah.

"We got you a couple things for you as a thank you for everything," Nick said "Rey chose a lot of them.

"Aw that's lovely, thank you!" Sarah smothered Rey in kisses. Rey and I sat down and on the floor and started playing uno.

|Nicks pov|

"So Nicky, how've you been?" Mum asked.

"Yeah, alright." I replied, watching my daughter brutally defeat my husband in uno just for him to beg for another rematch.

"You're not entirely though, are you?"

I looked at her, quite taken aback. I paused for a moment then sighed.

"It's just- The way I found out was from a nurse after Charlie fainted trying to tell me. Number one: I don't think that's fair. Number two: I wish he could've told me himself...And the new baby alone is another deal. Money's alright for us but I'm worried everything will just plummet down as soon as we need it."
I refused eye contact from mum.
"And Charlie will start getting stressed as the due date comes closer so we can't worry too much about how the delivery will go but I can't help it. And Rey's worrying about Charlie always going hospital and we need to tell our friends. It's just so much that I can't handle but I have to."

I was done and mum was silent for a moment before mum spoke up.

"It will be tricky Nick, but if you surround yourself with the right people then it'll be easier. When the baby's born then it'll all be better. I'm your mother I'm here to help so one day when you don't need me, you'll have other people and your own family-"

"Oh don't be daft mum. I'll always need you." I cut her off and smiled at her. I learnt my head on her shoulder as she stroked my arm.

"Thanks Nicky..." we watched Charlie and Rey struggle to play again. "Im so glad you stayed with Charlie though, I don't think I would've liked any of your other girlfriends. That Tara girl is alright though isn't she?"

I smiled as she spoke fondly of Charlie "uh- yeah we're still friends with her actually!"

"That's lovely."

|couple hours later|

"Thanks for dinner mum that was fantastic!" I said.

"Yeah, thanks again for having us Sarah,"

"Anytime my loves,"

Rey was asleep so I was carrying her.

"I'm gonna go out and get her car seat ready I'll be back in a sec Nick," Charlie said, grabbing our bags.

"Alright, I'll be out in a sec."

|Charlies pov|

I paced out the door the car keys in my mouth, struggling with all the bags. I put some down to unlock the car before someone said my name.

"Charlie...?"

I looked over to where it came from.

"Oliver?"