Prologue: The Proposal Pt.1

(You're probs wondering what the hell I'm on abt when I say "The Proposal". But I mean, I was reading my book over thinking i'd get ideas on the next chapter...And it kinda did! I realised i never wrote in the proposal of Nick and Charlie! So i thought id make brighten up my life by writing about it. So let's get on with it.)

(TW: MENTION OF SELF-HARM, ED, BLADES AND THROWING UP)

|SEPTEMBER 23RD THE YEAR BEFORE|

|Nick's pov|

"DAAAAAADDDDD" Rey screamed from the living room. I rushed in to see what happened, only to see Charlie tickling Rey as she was laid on the sofa. 

"For fucks sake-" I whispered under my breath. "You gave me a heart attack!"

"AHH!" She squealed again "SORRY! PAPA'S TICKLING MEEEE"

"Yes, well, I can see that." I stared at my boyfriend. "Char? I'm afraid to ask. Why?" 

"I need to get as many tickles as I can in before my little Rey-rey's birthday!" He laughed. I stared at Charlie. He was so beautiful, at the moment we're at the point in our relationship where we're now living together and starting our family, this has been our dream since secondary.

"Fair enough but don't tickle her so much she can't breathe," I said scooping Rey up in my arms and carrying her to the kitchen and sitting her on the Island. "Now, who wants dad's famous french toast?"

"Meeee!" Rey exclaimed. Charlie didn't say anything,

"What about you Char?" I paused and looked at him. "Do you want something else...?" 

Charlie's anorexia had been getting worse over the last two weeks and I can't seem to find out why. I've suggested making a meal plan multiple times, but every time he declines. I don't know how to help anymore...Geoff says I need to stay patient with him and just reassure him, I'm doing my best, but what if my best isn't my best!

"I- I need the toilet..." Charlie stood up and made his way to the bathroom. My heart dropped. Rey watched Charlie walk off, confusion written all over her face.

"Daddy?" Rey asked quietly.

"...Hm?" 

"Why does Papa- uh, not like eating?..." She paused and I stopped frying the toast.

"Your Papa, he-" I hesitated...How do I explain this?! "He worries, that- If he eats, something...Bad will happen."

"But- If he don't eat. He get poorly!" She cried.

"I know...That's why we have to do our absolute best to help Papa." 

"I will! I will cook him good foods that he loves!" She exclaimed

I laughed, "I'm sure your Papa would love that"

|Charlie's pov|

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me.

I was doing so well. I was eating, having fun, getting sleep and not worrying.
Then I overthink one thing, and everything goes downhill.