Oliver

( HI EVERYONE! I'm going to apologise because updates this week will be a little slow because my family are going away and I'm staying with my little sister and dog so I'll have to look after them so I won't have too much time to write, forgive me for that previous cliffhanger and enjoy your reading!)

"Charlie...?"

I look over to see who it was.

"Oliver?"

It was Oliver. My now 13 year old brother, standing right in front of me on my mother in laws driveway.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, not knowing what to say and not wanting to know what to say.

"Mum made me go get some stuff from the shops...what are you doing here?"

"I- um."

"Char we'd better get home, she's knocked out-" Nick paused as he closed the door behind him. "...Ollie?"

"Nick?!" Ollie looked back at me "you actually got married?"

"What on earth do you mean!?-" I yelled.

"Mum said you wouldn't go through with it!"

"Mum says a lot of bull-"

"Charlie." Nick stops me as he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I-Is that?-" Ollie asks, noticing Rey.

"Your niece," Nick said smiling. Ollie chuckled

"How old is she?" He asked.

"She's nearly 3." I reply coldly.

"Listen Charlie. I am sorry, mum stopped me from coming to your wedding, she's held me from reaching out to you and Tori and-"

"She hasn't changed has she?"

Ollie paused.

"Nah, but hey. I'm doing great-" I cut him off by hugging him. I'm still taller than him, but he's grown so much. Last time I saw him was when he was 9 and dad had insisted on me and mum meeting again.

"I'm sorry I left you alone." I cried softly into his puffy jacket. "I am, I just had to get out."

Ollie sighed. "I know. I forgive you..."

We talked a little longer before I gave him my number but told him to save my contact as a friends name who's number he doesn't have.

On the way home Nick and I talked.

"Why'd you shout at him?" Nick asked softly. Not taking his eyes off the road as he drove.

"I- I don't know. I guess I felt threatened that someone from our past came back and I guess I thought he was gonna disturb the peace." I say, feeling terrible for how I acted.

"He looked tired."

"Let's face it he looked like me." I said sighing.

"Let's just hope he doesn't get the shit you did." Nick rolled his eyes.

"Pfft. Yeah" I look through the rear view mirror and see Rey fast asleep. "Aww, bless her. She's gonna be the cutest big sister"

"Yeah..."

We sit in silence for another minute before Nick speaks up.

"God, he's thirteen?!"

"I know! I swear he was born yesterday." I sigh. "I screwed up. I'm going to ask if we can do a sibling thing soon, with Tori. Then if she's up to it do a thing with him and our kids."

"That's great babe."

When we got home it was only 7 so we planned to tell Rey. She was sat down on the sofa eating crisps while watching Teen Titans.

"Hey Rey?" I called out to her "Can you come in here please?"

She replied and ran in.

"Yeah papa?"

"Come sit."

She sat down opposite us apprehensively. Watching us both as we glanced at each other.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Me and your dad got you something and we'd like to see what you think!" We handed her the present. She ripped the paper open excitedly. In it she found two white shirts.

"What's this?" She giggled

"Read the big one," I winked

"Big sister..." she read out.

Now the other one..." Nick smiled as he hugged me by the waist.

"Baby sibling..." she looked up at us, we smiled at her. "Wassit mean?"

"You're going to be a big sister, Rey!" Nick laughed.

"Wait, like Jessica?!" She exclaimed

Nick and I looked at each other, assuming it was someone in her class "um...yeah?"

"YAYY!" she yelled and hugged the both of us.

|couple hours later|

We were sat on the sofa watching a random tv show, I was curled up next to Nick and Rey was making a new drawing of us (including the new baby of course).

"You okay?" Nick whispered

"Hm? Oh- yeah. Why?" I asked looking up at him.

"Today's been...a lot. And I thought you needed a check up," he squeezed my shoulder and smiled warmly.

"Thanks, Nick..." I paused and looked down as I stroked his hand that was draped around me. "How bout you? Are you okay?"

Nick stared blankly at the tv before chuckling and looking down at me.

"Yeah, I think I am." He kissed my forehead and smiled softly at me.

Rey walked over to us.

"You done already?" I asked

She nodded "I have a question," she said as she handed Nick the drawing. I nodded back and sat up. "How are babies made?"

I burst into laughter and stood up, ready to sprint. "Your dad can answer that!" I ran to the bathroom giggling.

I closed the door behind me and smiled looking down.

Maybe everything would be okay...