Visiting

(HAPPY CHAPTER 20 YOU GUYS! MERRY CHRISTMAS BTW HOPE YALL HAVE A NICE HOLIDAYYY)

|Charlies pov|

As soon as I saw Nick crying in the kitchen I knew something was wrong. Nick never cries and I tell him it's unhealthy but I don't think he seems to notice.

I told him to go to bed and that I'd bring his drink in, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't tell me what happened, I was worried of course, but I wasn't going to stress him out by forcing him to tell me what was wrong. I love Nick, and Nick loves me. But I wasn't going to be a shitty husband like that. He's always so patient with me so it's only right I'm the same with him!

I think about Nick, Rey and I's life after the baby is born. I'll have to have surgery obviously, and I just hope that Nick is okay then otherwise he's gonna worry so much. I finished making Nick's tea and took it into him, but he's knocked out. He was wearing his pyjamas which spares me having to wake him up luckily.

I keep the light on for a bit, admiring him and his scruffy hair, and worn out stubble. I remember he used to be obsessed with shaving and making sure he was always smooth-faced. Now that we have Rey he doesn't get time to fuss over that so he always has a little stubble on his adorable face.

I get out of bed briefly to check on Rey. I open her door slightly and see her snuggled up with her toy dog that Nick got her when she was a baby, it looks strangely like Nellie if I'm honest, but she's very old now, we're all worried she's going to drop off at any moment but she's holding strong at the moment.

We should go visit Sarah tomorrow...

"Papa?" A voice asks.

Shit, I woke her up.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry for waking you, go back to sleep." I walked over to her bed and kissed her head and tucked her back in. She smiled softly and drifted back to sleep.

"Night Night Papa," she yawned.

"Night Night Baby,"

|Nick's pov|

I woke up to the warm sun glowing on me. I reached out for Charlie as I usually do only to find him not there. I open my eyes and frown to myself. I'm usually up before him. I check my phone for the time.

10:37

Holy shit I'm late. I sit up and put my slippers on and make my way to the living room where Rey is dressed and digging into pancakes while watching the TV. I see Charlie in my hot pink apron, that I got from Tao, at the stove.

"Dada!" Rey exclaims, smiling brightly at me, Charlie turned around giving me a smile before returning his gaze to the pancakes. I kissed Rey's head before wrapping my arms around Charlies waist.

"Hey you," I nuzzled into his neck and rubbed my hand over his chest. He laughed,

"Hey~" he kissed me on the cheek before pushing me away. "Go sit at the table I got your food ready,"

I sat down. Charlie handed me my breakfast

"Since when did you cook?" I asked. Charlie looked at me, exaggerating his offended face.

"What on earth do you mean, Nicholas? I'm amazing at cooking!" He scoffed

"Year 11 Food Tech you set off the fire alarm after you forgot you put food in there." I raised an eyebrow as Rey laughed loudly.

"That was once." Charlie said in a monotone voice.

Charlie joined me at the table with his portion. He wasn't a fan of big breakfasts, he thought they ruined the other meals of the day, but he did eat most of everything. Even I was full by the end! I was about to go get changed when Charlie stopped me for a second.

"Hey Nick?"

"Yeah?" I turned to him.

"I was thinking we could go visit your mum later?" He suggested, I smiled.

"I'd love that, would it be alright for you though? Our parents still live pretty close together..."

Charlie overlooked this and instead gave me a kiss.

"I'll be fine Nick. Today's a day for you! I even convinced Rey to wear unstained clothes!" Charlie held my face and kissed my nose. "Go get changed now, I'll give her a call and ask,"

I smiled to myself as I got changed. I remembered the last time we told my mum we were having a kid, she was overjoyed. She always wanted grandchildren, but David had just gone through is 3rd divorce after he cheated and lost custody of his only child. But she loves Rey and Rey loves her. It's nice seeing my mum happy, everything in her life has been a bit shit.

I walked back out into the kitchen where Rey was getting ready to go. Charlie looked over to me.

"Alright?" I nodded to him "I told her we'd be there in about half an hour, so we ashould leave soon"

"Yeah, I'll get the keys then we'll head off!"

Rey cheered as she showed Charlie her colouring book she was taking to her grandmas.

I grabbed the keys from our room and headed out.

"C'mon then, who wants to go to grandmas?"