Ridiculously in love

(HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE WISHING U ALL A GREAT 2024 AND HAPPY READING <333333)

| minutes later |

I walked into my bedroom to find Nick sitting in bed checking his phone. I stifled a laugh.

"Ugh it's you," he chuckled, I rolled my eyes.

"Rude~" I teased walking over to my drawers to get pyjamas. "So...what'd you tell her?"

"I told her...that...a goblin shoves the baby under a door..."

I laughed loudly "Where'd you get that from!?"

"I have...no idea." He admits, bowing his head in shame.

"What are we gonna do if I get a bump?" (In my mind if a male is pregnant, they may or may not get a bump if they did it would be smol. Pls don't ask 🥲)

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.." he smiles meekly. I chuckle, pulling Nicks joggers up my waist.

I got into bed and snuggled up to him.

"I love you,"

"I love you too," he said turning off the light and holding me close.

|in the morning|

"PAPAAAAA!"

I winced as I opened my eyes, seeing my three year old jumping on my bed wailing. I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Did your dad send you here?" I ask, stretching as I wake up.

"No but yeah!" She says, sitting cross legged in front of me "uncle tao, auntie elle are here!"

I pick Rey up and head out my room. There I find Nick, Tao and Elle talking with mugs in their hands.

"Afternoon, Charlie!" Tao smirks. I stare at him blankly as Elle slaps his shoulder.

"Ha ha." I mock "very funny, it's not even that late!" I say defensively.

"Babe, it is 11..." Nick says, I ignore him and put Rey down, she runs to Elle and begins playing with her hair. I sit on Nicks lap and run my fingers through his hair. I feel him blush as I cradle his head.

"Anyway, what're you doing here?" I ask

"Charlie you told us to come-" Tao sighs, I look at Nick "I could be rewatching spider-man right now!"

Nick nods at me and I sigh and swivel round to face the pair.

"We have some...news-"

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" Elle exclaims as Rey removes her hand from her ear. Rey giggles and I sigh/chuckle again.

"Yes, thank you Rey... can I depend on you to tell everyone else?" I say sarcastically. He doesn't get this and instead nods and runs to get my phone.

"Seriously?!" Tao laughs

"Yeah,"

"When did you find out?" Elle shoots

"Um, couple weeks ago..."

"Weeks?" Tao asks, obviously confused.

"That was when, everything went to shit. So we weren't in any position to say anything. Tao nods and smiles at us.

"We we're also wondering if you'd like to be makeshift god parents again?" Elle's face lights up in response and she begins nodding frantically.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She grabs my hand and begins laughing. Tao smiles at this sight.

"I guess it's a yes then!" Tao chuckles.

Rey returns and hands me my phone. I smile softly and take it from her. We agree that we'll meet at ours to tell the others and Tao and Elle leave. I start washing up the mugs and plates that we used while we talked.

"Charlie?" Nick says

"Mhm?" I hum back.

"What if I screw up." He blurts. I frown and look at him. I see tears welling in his eyes. This is what he's been worried about.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with this baby. I know Rey's doing really well and everything's good with her but what if the next ones different?"

"How could it be different, Nick?"

"I don't know, they might not like me! What if something goes wrong. What if I have to work more?! I read that if a child grows up without one parent usually present they have resentment towards them when they're older-"

"You've been doing your research haven't you?" I smile softly at him. "I know you Nick, and I also know you're a great dad and everyone thinks so."

Nick looks at me, the tears threatening to fall as his lip quivers.

"You get stressed about things easily and when you don't know you research. Don't hate me but I went through your search history when we got together and saw the gay test."

Nick chuckled

"Out of interest how much did you get?" I asked Nick. He rubbed his face with his hands.

"62%..."

"We'll at least it's over 50%!"

"Haha! Yeah...Im ridiculously in love with you."

I looked Nick dead in the eyes as he said this.

"I'm ridiculously in love with you too..." I pulled his face closer and kissed him.