Chapter Fourteen

"I'm home!" Robin called out as she stumbled her way through the door. "If you and Steve are boning, you better cover up before I see something that makes me want to wash my eyes with acid!"

"Don't be so dramatic." Priscilla said with a laugh as she appeared in the kitchen from the living room and fully clothed, to Robin's relief. "Steve isn't here."

"Oh," Robin dropped her heavy bags on the floor with a thud. Priscilla had a sudden flashback to Eddie standing in that exact same spot just a few days ago and hearing a similar sound when he pulled his boots off and harshly dropped them on the ground next to him. "I figured with me gone, you would have had him here all weekend." Robin said.

Priscilla shrugged. She quickly thought back to that passing thought she had of inviting Steve over on Friday night and instead, ended up spending all of ten full minutes alone with Eddie where nothing happened, but she sure wished something had. To avoid having to speak again, Priscilla walked towards Robin and wrapped her arms around her in a hug.

Robin giggled nervously. She wasn't a very affectionate person. "Uh, miss me?" She giggled again.

Priscilla let go when she felt Robin's body go tense beneath her touch. "I guess so. It was just lonely here without anyone around. I don't know how you do it all the time."

Robin shrugged one shoulder. "I don't know. I guess you just get used to it over time." She paused as Lauren briefly crossed her mind but she pushed the thought aside and leaned down to grab one of her heavy bags. "Can you grab the other?" She asked, motioning her head in the direction of the other bag on the floor.

Priscilla nodded and grabbed the bag. She began following Robin to the staircase. She could feel her nerves begin to rise inside her stomach. She and Eddie hadn't done anything. She knew even if Steve had come over and they had done something, Robin wouldn't have minded. So, why did she suddenly feel so guilty for having Eddie here with her alone? She hadn't even invited him over. He just showed up out of the blue like he always did.

"So, what did you do all weekend?" Robin asked as they ascended the stairs. "Did Eddie show up?"

Priscilla felt her cheeks grow warm at the sound of Eddie's name and was suddenly glad Robin was in front of her and couldn't see her. "Yeah, he did." Priscilla stated.

When Robin reached the top of the stairs, she turned around and looked at Priscilla with suspicion. "You're oddly quiet today..." Robin observed. "Did... Did something happen with you and Eddie?" She asked, her eyes growing wide.

Priscilla immediately felt embarrassment wash over her. She really wanted to avoid talking about Eddie. She knew Robin definitely had some intuition that Priscilla was crushing on Eddie but she couldn't say it out loud. Saying it out loud would make it real. And besides, she'd spent the last month shutting Eddie down and keeping up this 'hard-to-get' attitude. She couldn't just go back on all that now.

"'Scilla..." Robin spoke again when Priscilla also reached the top of the stairs. "Did something happen between you and Eddie?"

Priscilla shook her head and zipped past Robin, making a beeline to Robin's room with her bag. "Nothing happened." She said, making sure to keep her back to Robin so she couldn't see her face. Priscilla's facial expressions were notorious for giving away her true feelings. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't keep a poker face to save her life. And what she had said wasn't a complete lie. Nothing physical had happened between her and Eddie but something else certainly happened and she knew that Eddie had felt it too by the way he chuckled before he left.

"Are you lying again?" Robin asked, trying to peek over Priscilla's shoulder to look at her face.

Priscilla placed Robin's bag down on the floor and turned to face her. She showed Robin the shame and embarrassment that was plastered on her face. She showed her the vulnerability she felt. "Fine." Priscilla said, "I like Eddie, okay? I've realized that I do like him after all this. You were right. Is that what you wanted to hear?"