Get Back From the DEAD

(Z-Day+2)
(3:55 PM)
Y/n's POV:

Blinking myself back to reality made me instantly regret leaving the safe space due to the headache that followed seconds later. My head pounded as I looked up and saw... nothing.

My eyes were shaded by a large object. Rustling my head against the surface made the object disappear suddenly, replacing it was a familiar sight.

"Y/n!" Saeko exclaimed rolling up a town map before helping me sit up.

Still dazed and shocked from my new surroundings it didn't take long before I understood; it was only the two of us.

Looking around I gasped. "The others? Rei!" I was cut off.

"They're fine, they just got away as you woke up. They've all been taken to Takagi Manor for safety. Rei is fine, we are all fine. Alice and Hirano are both on edge." She smiled.

I got onto my feet for the first time for hours although it felt like days. Taking another look around, I saw what seemed to be our old humvee in the background, a few of "them" were butting their heads against it in search of anything they can get their hands on.

"I gave Takashi and Rei my word that we'd meet up with them at Takagi Manor in the morning tomorrow. Right now we need to start moving." Saeko pulled a pistol out from behind her. "Can you walk?" She asked.

Grabbing the pistol and placed it in my waistband, I took a few steps forward before tripping over my own feet before catching myself on Saeko's frame to brace myself.

She giggled before helping me up again. "Lean on me, we have to get going." Following her lead, I stepped with her every single step. Although I ended up slowing her down more than helping her, she still didn't seem to care.

We eventually got to our first stairway. "This is gonna be embarrassing." I sighed.

Saeko hugged me closer. "I got you. Put one foot in front of the other." I nodded before turning to the stairs with more determination. "Maybe I'll give you some reward if you can do it right." She teased. "Anything you can think of?"

Taking one step, then another, and another, and finally I was on the last step, one more until we can move on and off towards finding the others. And of course my reward.

Finally stepping off and touching the ground with one foot and then the other. I felt proud even if I shouldn't be, Saeko seemed more happy than I was.

Instead of putting her arm around my shoulder she interlocked her hand with my own. They were rougher than Rei's, but that didn't bother me.

She looked at me waiting for some sort of positive reaction. Not getting one made her less confident and she pulled back.

"What is it?" I tried to reach out to her.

Saeko blushed. "It's nothing just didn't think you wanted to." She admitted.

'My numerous times with Rei teasing me has lead me to this moment, I wasn't going to waste it.' I smirked to myself before pulling her against me, hip to hip.

Saeko's face got even more red. "What are you?"

I shrugged. "I like this better than hand-holding. Besides who else am I gonna lean on?"

Cracking a small smile and taking a page out of Takagi's book. "Idiot, let's just get going." She muttered.

Takashi's POV:

Mrs. Takagi has packed our group into one of three SUVs. The group had been silent, Ms. Shizuoka especially fumbling with her thumbs. Alice hugged onto Ms. Shizuoka and looked at her, glossy eyed.