Dance With The DEAD

Z-Day+5
(9:32 P.M.)
Y/n's POV:

"You could just play it off." Mr. Takagi fixed his bow tie. "That's what I did the first time I waltzed."

I sulked. "When the hell am I gonna have to waltz anyway?"

"Never mind that, just find a partner and get to it." He began to shove me in the direction of the ball room.

While on my way I saw the line just to get inside the room. "Hello sir." One of the guards who I recognized around the manor opened the door and smiled.

Walking inside the room was as if I'd walked inside beauty and the beast, the ballroom had been illuminated with seven chandeliers, candles, and enough stained windows to shame even the greatest chateaus in France.

"Woah! Why haven't you used this before now!" I had to spin around, basking in the beauty.

Mr. Takagi chuckled. "For what? This was a spur of the moment decision. This is only because of the fight yesterday."

"Y/n?" I turned around, seeing all the girls in long elegant dresses, including Alice who was standing next to a very beautiful Shizouka.

"Are you alright big brother?" Alice asked as I stood silent for a few seconds.

As I gulped down my thoughts, Rei and Saeko grabbed onto my arms, leading us to a table where Takashi and Hirano sat.

This was a night to remember, there was laughter between groups of multiple social status, Khotosaka stayed away from Rei, Mr. Takagi and Mrs. Takagi were finally smiling lovingly at one another again.

With the crowds starting to die down, even if the children were falling asleep, Jun and Alice weren't growing any tired, in fact they bounced off the wall as the night kept going.

"Hey! Hey! Big bro let's dance!" Alice started pulling me onto the crowded dance floor.

Seeing her like this made me happy. For a girl so young to have seen so much, her face hadn't shown it yet. It is as if she thinks she'll wake up and see her parents tomorrow that this is all one big nightmare; or dream in times like these.

Saeko kneeled down next to Jun. "Do you wanna dance too?"

Jun hesitated for a moment. It was only until Alice marched over to him and she pulled him out there herself, before handing him off to Saeko.

Alice was my dance instructor, she had great footwork for someone who looked as if she had only played with crayons and ate string cheese.

"One... two... three... one— two... three! Yeah now your getting it!" She cheered me on and halfway through the routine I gave her a little spin.

Saeko and Jun were not so bad either, we almost hit each other a few times but besides that it was smooth. Eventually after two full songs a slow song came on.

Can't Help Falling In Love, by Elvis.

Just before the words began, Saeko tapped onto Alice's shoulder. "May I steal your date?"

Alice shook her head. "Nope!"

Saeko put her hands up, cupping her mouth. "But Jun said he wants to dance with you. He's too nervous." She motions over to him as he kicked his feet around looking up at her, then immediately looking down.

Alice blushed. "F-Fine if it's for Jun!" She slowly walked over to him.

Saeko interlocked her hands with my own as we got close together, I could feel her heart race against my chest.

"Rei and I are sleeping with Alice tonight." Saeko stated.

"Huh? Why?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Saya is sleeping in her own room too." She continued.