Surprise!

• Dedicated to Jacob Latimore

Zorah's POV

I'm sitting on the couch eating chips and watching MTV movies. "Where da' boys at? Where da' boys at? If I holla boy holla right back." my phone rang. A picture of my best friend Kimoni flashes on the screen.

"Hello?" I ask answering the phone.

"Hey Chica!!" Kimoni's thick Latin accent yells through the phone.

"Don't blow off my ears child!"

"Sorry. But guess what!!"

"What did I say?"

"Will you just listen!?"

"What?!"

"I got us tickets to go to Jacob Latimore's concert!!"

"Ahhh!!!"

"Ow!! You blew off my ear!!"

"Payback!!"

"Whatever. So aren't you gonna ask me how I got the tickets?"

"How'd you get the tickets?"

"My cousin is helping as a body guard at the concert. And he also got us backstage passes we can use when they have intermission."

"Omg. I love your cousin!"

"Well I'll call you later ok?"

"Wait!"

"What?"

"What do we wear?"

"Well first open your door."

"Wait you're outside?"

"No I'm in Canada. Of course I'm outside! Hurry up I'm sweating like crazy!"

I hang up the phone and rush to the door. I open it and get attacked with a hug by Kimoni. I hug her back and we start squealing.

"Let's go and look in your closet," said Kimoni.

She grabs my wrist and drags me up the stairs to my bedroom. The walls of my room were covered with Mindless Behavior, Jacob Latimore, Diggy, and Beyonce posters. Kimoni runs to my closet and starts pulling out clothes creating outfits. As for me I sit on my bed and watch her destroy my room with clothes. Finally, after a bunch of debating, we decided on my red Love It( in black cursive writing) shirt, my black skinny jeans, my red and black Jordan's, and my Diggy jacket 'cause I knew it would be cold in the theater even if it's hot outside. Next we decided on accessories: my gold heart-chained earrings, red and gold chained bracelet, and my blood red bandana.

"What are you gonna wear?" I ask Kimoni as we clean up the excess clothes.

"My black shirt with the cheetah print cross," she starts off saying. "My cheetah print leggings, and my black and cheetah print Pastry shoes."

"That's tight.

"Yep."

"Hey when's the concert?"

"Tomorrow night."

"You wait good and well till the day before to tell me."

"Hey don't blame me." she holds her hands up in defense. "My cousin said it would take him a while for him to get the tickets."

"Why's that?"

"He had to wait for a certain amount of tickets to be sold before he could get us ours."

"Oh."

After about thirty minutes of cleaning I flop on my bed. Kimoni does the same. We breath hard trying to catch our breath. "Hey, there she go. That's the one I got to know." My phone rings. An unknown number appears on my screen. Who is this?

"Hello?" I ask answering the phone.

"Hey is this Zorah?" the voice asks.

"Yeah why's that?"

"Well isn't it your birthday tomorrow?"

"Umm, yeah?"

"Ok."

The person then hangs up. I look at Kimoni with a confused look. She smiles at me.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask her.

"Who was that?" she asks.

"I don't know. But why are you smiling?"

"I don't know?"

"Sometimes I worry about you," I say shaking my head.