Our Big Break

Zorah's POV (August 29, 2015; 11:25 am; Los Angeles, California)

As Kimoni and I step off the plane we could already feel that nice LA welcome. We woke up early this morning to fly here. We were in a hurry to talk to Mr. Jeremy. We haven't seen him in ages. We walk through the busy airport while tugging on our suitcases. We're going to spend the rest of the weekend here so we can take a look around. Once we get out of the airport I wave down a taxi. The taxi driver pops open the trunk and we put our luggage in. we get in the car and I tell him where we're going.

When we make it to our destination, we get our suitcases and walk inside the studio. It was huge inside. There were tons of people running around doing several different things. Kimoni walks to a desk where a lady with light brown hair was sitting.

“Where do we go to find Mr. Jeremy?” asked Kimoni.

“Go to the sixth floor and take a right,” said the woman. “His office will be right there once you turn.”

“Thank you.” Kimoni walks back to me and we get on an elevator that was already open. We get in along with other people. I press my floor while the other busy hands press theirs. When the elevator makes it to the sixth floor Kimoni and I rush out. We walk to our right and there it was. His name was engraved on a small gold bar that was on the door. We walk to the door slowly. We were full of excitement. I give the door a couple of knocks. We wait until a white woman with blonde hair opens the door.

“You can leave your bags right here,” she says motioning to a room. We put our stuff in the room then walk back into the room. It was a glass window room that allowed us to see the other buildings and all over downtown LA.

“You have guest Mr. Geffen,” the woman said looking at this chair at a mahogany desk. She walks out leaving us in the room. We look at the desk and the chair slowly turns around.

“Zorah? Kimoni?” asked Mr. Jeremy. We smiled slightly as he gets up. “I haven't seen you guys for a long time.” We exchange hugs and he motions us to take a seat. He walks over to his chair and sits down. He smiles at us then looks my way.

“So how are you and Jacob?” he asks. I literally frowned.

“We're not together,” I say quietly. It was quiet enough for him to hear what I said.

“I'm sorry Zorah. What happened?”
“Just a little problem that's all.”
“Ok. So what are you gals here for?”
“We won a talent show at our college and our prize was a record deal,” said Kimoni.

“So you two are my winners,” said Jeremy. “Well are you staying over the weekend?”
“Yeah,” said Kimoni and simultaneously.

“Well come back here at six o' clock so we can talk about a contract.” Kimoni and I squealed.

“Well I take that you're already thinking about taking the job?”

“Yeah!”

“Where are you staying tonight?”
“We were hoping to find a hotel,” I say while shifting in my seat.

“Well I'm going to call my limo driver,” said Jeremy. “He'll take you to my house.”
“Wait you're letting us stay with you?” asked Kimoni in shock.

“Yeah why not. You girls are like my nieces,” he says smiling.

After we talk a little more he calls his driver. When he gets off the phone Kimoni and I hug him before leaving out of his office. We get our suitcases out the room we put them in and make our way to the lobby. We sit in the chairs and wait for the driver to come and get us. A few minutes later the driver was there. He walks in to come and get us.