New Year, New Guy

Zorah's POV(First day of college)

I hurriedly grabbed my backpack as I ran to the door. I get my phone out my pocket and I look at the time 7:30. My class was at least eight minutes away, and I had to be there by seven-forty. I close my door and lock it. I hurry to Kimoni's door and knock on the door repetitively.

“Kim! Come on! We're going to be late!” I yell at the door.

“I'm coming!” she yells back.

The door quickly opens with Kim holding two sleepy toddlers in her arms. She hands me Braylin and we start to speed walk across campus. Nine minutes we made it to our first class. We enter in and take our seats in the back of the room. The bell rings as we take our seats. Our professor was about to close the door when a guy around eighteen or nineteen years old ran in.

“What is your name sir?” asked our professor.

“Jamal Porter,” says the guy. He had a sexy, deep voice that would put you in a trance.

“Give me one good reason that I never heard of about why you're late.”

“My car was having trouble. I had to get my tools and fix the problem. Sir please this is my first day; I just need this as a warning. I promise I'll be on time. I'll get on my knees and beg like James.”

“Sure you will. I don't believe you will get on your knees and beg.”

I bet the man wished he could take back his words. Jamal got on his knees and started begging; he even wrapped his arms around the man's knees. All of us started to die laughing. Man it was so funny.

“Son please get up,” said the Professor.

“So will you let me in?” asked Jamal.

“Sure just please stop.”

Jamal gets up and nods his head as a thank you. He turns towards the class and bows. We all applaud him as he runs up the stairs to the back of the room where me and Kimoni were. He sits in the open seat beside me. I look at him and he catches my eyes. We smile at each other and giggle a little.

“Great performance,” I whisper.

“Thanks,” he says whispering back.

“So was your car really having trouble?”

“Nope. I just didn't want to be tardy on the first day.”

“Oh cool.”

“So tell me why a pretty girl like you is here and not at a modeling agency?” I blush at his little remark.

“I don't know. Tell me why an actor like you isn't on Broadway?” We quietly laugh.

“Want to have lunch with me today. You seem like a cool girl.”

“Sure. I'd love too.”

“Alright cutie.” I blush AGAIN.

“Would you stop that!” I whisper yell as I playfully hit his arm.

“Stop what?” he asks playfully hitting me back.

“That charm thing you're doing.”

“Well is it working?”

“Oh shut up! Lol!”

----

I walk out the classroom tired and bored out my mind. Kimoni told me an aunt of hers, who lives down here, would be picking the kids up.

“Yeah she said she didn't know I was here. Well I'll see you later,” said Kimoni holding the full awake toddlers on her sides. As she walks off I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and I see a smiling Jamal in my face.