Face To Face With The Enemy

Zorah's POV

I walk into my World History class and sit in the back. It was now January and classes were back in session. I couldn't wait to go ahead and start back school, so that way I can get it over with. I look at the assignment that was already written on the board and went ahead and started on it. The bell ring once I was on the fourth question. When I looked up to see where the professor was, I saw the face I never wanted to see. He looked up at me, and when he saw me he faked a smile. I faked one back then looked back down at my paper.

“So I heard about your engagement,” said his voice. I turned around to look at him. He was sitting in the seat beside me. I gave him a stink face.

“Why do you care?” I ask him with attitude in my voice.

“Just wondering why you would say yes to him.”

“I still don't see why you care.”

“Come on Zorah. I still love you.”

“You showed some real love when you slapped me,” I sarcastically said. That shut him up real good. I turn back to my paper and finish up the assignment. Soon the professor walks in.

“Sorry I'm late,” she said. “My car had a flat tire. Thankfully you young adults didn't act crazy. Now hand in your assignment.” I heard a few groans coming from some students who didn't get to finish. Lucky for me I finished just as she was taking them up. I hand her my paper and she goes in to teach the lesson for today.

----

“Zorah come on! Will you forgive me already! I said I was sorry!” yelled Jamal. He followed me all the way to my dorm room when class was out.

“Will you leave me alone!” I yell back as we stood in front of my door.

“Please! I said I was sorry!”

“I forgive you but you need to know one thing.” I unlock my door.

“What?”

When I was inside I said, “As in the words of Beyonce. If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it. But it turns out I was the best thing you never had.” And with that I slammed the door in his face and locked it. I can't stand his thirsty behind. If he really loved me, if he really cared, if he actually wanted to treat me right he would've never slapped me!

I take a deep breath and brush it off. I set my back pack down beside me desk and pull out my homework assignment. I had to write a four page essay on Moby Dick. I turn on my laptop and go to Microsoft Word. Since I already read the book, I typed quickly along the screen.

---

When I was finally done with my homework assignment, I decided to check on Kim and see how she was doing. I walk out of my dorm and go over t hers. I knock on the door and it instantly swings open. There stood Kimoni in this really beautiful dress.

“Wow,” was all I could say.

“It's not too much is it?” Kim asked looking down.

“No. but why are you dressed like that?”

“Diggy bought this for me. Isn't it cute?”

“Yeah it is.”

“He said when he comes to Birmingham for a charity concert he'll make a stop here and take me out for a date.”

“Well that's great!”

“Come in though. We need to talk.” I walk into her dorm and sit down on her computer chair.

“What's up?” I ask her as she sits down on her made bed.

“So when are you and Jacob going to get married?”

“Um, I don't know. We haven't really talked about it.”

“When do you want to get married?”

“I want to get married between Spring and Summer. But mainly spring, because it would just be beautiful.”

“I bet!”

“Did you do your essay?”

“Nope.”

“Come on Kim! It's due this Friday. You have four days.

“I know! I'm going to start tomorrow.”

“Fine...Well I'm gonna go to bed. Night Boo!” I get up and give her a hug.

“Night Baby Boo!”

I walk out her room and back to mine. I go into the bathroom and do my nightly routine. I change into a white tank top and black sweatpants. I get in my bed and pull the covers over me. It was freezing cold and my little heater wasn't helping. I make myself comfortable and instantly fall asleep.