Happy Birthday Zorah

I wake up from people singing. I open my eyes and everything was blurry. When my eyes cleared up I saw my mom, dad, and my little sister Laren in my room holding a cake.

“Happy birthday to Zorah. Happy birthday to you,” they sang.

“Happy birthday sweetie,” my dad says.

“Now blow out your candles baby,” said my mom.

I make a wish and blow out the candles. My family cheers and my mom takes he candles out of the cake before the wax dripped all over it.

“Get dressed and come downstairs for cake,” my mom says walking out the door with my dad and Laren following behind her.

When the door closed I jumped out of bed and ran in the bathroom. I did my hygiene and walked back in my room. I put on my underwear, black 38b bra, my OMG belly shirt, my black and white Adidas, and my black Ray-Ban sunglasses. I apply a little make up on my caramel skin. After getting myself together I run downstairs to have breakfast and eat cake. I go shopping with Kimoni for a few hours before the concert and we come back home to get ready.

                                 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

My mom drops me and Kimoni off in front of the theater. Me and Kimoni get out of the car and wave bye to my mom as she drives off. From where we were standing I could see a long line of girls waiting to get inside. There was a sign on the door saying: Only VIP can enter at this time.

“Hey Kimoni do you have our VIP passes?” I ask her.

“Yeah, why?” she asks.

“Just follow me.” I grab her wrist and walk towards the door where a huge guy was standing.

“Passes please,” he said in a deep voice.

“Here you go,” said Kimoni handing him our passes.

“Alright you can go.” he hands our passes and opens the door. I here some of the girls in line whine.

We walk inside and it was bigger on the inside of the theater. I look around the building as we follow the signs showing us where to go. Our seats were in the front row in the orchestra section. We find our seats and sit down. I pull my phone out of my front pocket to check the time. 6:45pm it read.

“Hey you hungry?” asked Kimoni.

“Not really,” I replied.

“Ok.”

I hear screaming and footsteps heading our way. We turn around and a bunch of girls, who I recognized from outside were running to their seats. The show must be starting.

“Man I can’t wait for the concert to…” I was cut off from the lights dimming down and a sort of rock/pop beat starts playing. All the girls including me and Kimoni starting screaming. Lights start flashing and out comes Jacob looking fly as ever. He starts dancing.

“What up Atlanta!” he says in the microphone. Everybody screams. “You know what. Hey DJ stop the music.” the music stops.

“Where’s my girl at, I can’t seem to find her. I wonder if she’s here.” he points to the left. “Or is she over here?” he points to the right. “Or maybe she’s here.” he points to the middle.

“Jacob it looks like you need some help man,” said a voice that I automatically knew. Diggy’s. The girls start going wild.

“Yeah Digg I think I need some help. I can’t choose. I-I just seem to like em’ all.”

All of a sudden the beat to Like Em’ All started playing. Then Jacob starts singing and dancing along with a dancing Diggy.

During the concert a few more songs were played. Then they had an intermission so Jacob could rest. The lights un-dim and people start leaving for the bathroom and stuff.

“Wanna go backstage?” asked Kimoni.

“Nah, let’s go after,” I reply.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m positive.”

“Ok?”

“Excuse me,” said a tall black guy to the left of us. “I’m Jacob’s manager Jeremy Geffen. I would like you to come backstage with me.”

Me and Kimoni exchange glances. Our eyes wide. We look back at him and he escorts us backstage. There were people running around trying to get things in order.

“You guys can take a seat here,” said Mr. Geffen gesturing to a black leather couch in a room. He walks out leaving us there.

“I wonder why he wanted us to come back here,” I say sitting on the couch.

“I don’t know. Maybe something might happen,” said Kimoni. The way she said that made me think something strange was about to happen.

I was about to open my mouth to say something, but I was interrupted by music playing on a flat screen. Me and Kimoni whipped our heads towards it. The concert was playing on the TV.

“Well you probably know how I do this if you watched videos of the previous concerts on Youtube,” said Jacob. “I usually bring one fan onstage, but now I’m gonna bring two up here with me.” the crowd screams.

The TV cut off. And the sound of footsteps coming towards us caught me off guard. I turned my head around to see Mr. Geffen. I relax a little.

“Ok follow me,” he says. He leads to a passage way to the stage. We get a little closer to the stage but we stayed out of the audience’s sight.

“Ok look. You two are going to sit on that couch on the stage,” Mr. Geffen says pointing the cushy object. “But just relax, smile, and have a good time.” he smiles at us then motions for us to go onstage.

Me and Kimoni walk on stage. I look at the crowd and it was dead silent.

“Ok guys here are the lucky girls,” said Jacob. “Let’s give them a round of applause.” he crowd do has he asked.

Me and Kimoni sit on the couch. Sow music started to play. It was I Like Em’ All ft. Issah. Jacob starts dancing around and then comes over to the couch and grabs Kimoni’s hand. He started singing and dancing with her. I started getting a little jealous of her, but I didn’t show it. I just danced in my seat and smiled. He then lets her go and he grabs my hand. My legs were going weak and I was going crazy inside. He spun me around and put my back against his chest. He was way taller in person or it was because I was only 5’1”. He kisses my cheek and I start blushing. The crowd goes wild. Jacob dances with me more than he did with Kimoni. The song ended but Jacob didn’t let go of my hand.

“Everybody I would like to make an announcement,” he said in his headset. The crowd went silent.

“Are you going to say she’s your girlfriend?” a fan asked.

“No, no,” he laughed. “Zorah did you get a phone call yesterday afternoon?”

My eyes went big. How’d he know? I nod my head yes.

“Well that was me.”

Now my eyes almost went out of my head. What the heck!

“Happy Birthday Zorah. To make your birthday even more special. I got your parents permission to take you on tour with me and your friend Kimoni can go as well.”

The crowd screams. Jacob hugs me and I start crying. I was crying out of shock and happiness. I was in Jacob’s arms being held. This was beyond amazing. This was the best gift ever!!