Chapter 2

I walk through the gates to the field. Beyond the gates I can see the crowd. People are everywhere, taking they're seats and babbling to each other excited for the game. On the entrance volunteers stand by the gate, selling tickets. I wait in the queue for a few minutes. Eventually I step forward, the lady smiles at me.

"I'm Ella Matthews." I say giving my name as usual. Every home match all I have to do is say my name, I have a free ticket, Adam sees to that. I watch as the lady ticks my name on the clip board and nods at me. I stride straight to the shop. There's about five people already being served, I'm next. While I wait I glance around the stands looking for Leah and Charlotte. I scout around all the seats, the atmosphere is loud and crazy. It's hard to look for people in the huge crowd. Giving up I take in the atmosphere, girls are flirting and giggling, while the boys are getting over excited for the game. Red and green face paint are decorating people's faces, acting as a guide to tell me who supports what team.

Suddenly, I hear my name being screamed from the front row seats. I immediately know who it is. I turn around. Charlotte is jumping in her seat waving her arm in the air. I smile and mouth 'you want anything?' they both shake their heads, knowing them they've probably already got their drinks.

I turn back round just as the person in front of me leaves. Stepping up to the desk I order my usual Diet Coke and Skittles, along with Adam's order. Without speaking the woman bustles behind her collecting ingredients. She gets the blender going, it's loud noise barely recognisable over all the noise f the stadium. It doesn't take long for her to make it soon enough it's on the counter in front of me.

Juggling all the refreshments I stumble towards the girls after shoving a tenner in the lady's direction.

I take my seat next to Leah, placing Adams milkshake under my chair and opening my packet of skittles to share with the girls. Leah dives her hand into the red packet, Charlotte's hand disappearing soon after.

"I love your skirt!" Charlotte compliments. Tapping my knee. I smile. I'm wearing a mini skirt with a maroon blouse tucked in. in my opinion it hugs my body in the right places and I look actually quite pretty and presentable. I have opaque black tights and black leather pumps with small black bows. My chocolate brown hair has curls at the bottom just bouncing past my shoulders. Charlotte is wearing her casual jeans and red tank top. Meanwhile Leah is wearing short shorts and a belly t-shirt with New York printed on it in black writing. She is definitely the boy magnet out of us.

The game starts soon after. Adam takes his place on the pitch, as midfielder. I watch his body language, the way he holds his hands and his shoulders, how he glances around the pitch. I can tell he's nervous. I keep looking at him, he begins to search the stands. I think he's looking for me. I wave at him, he catches my eye smiling, immediately his body language relaxes slightly and he goes back to the Adam i know.
I spot Luke in his position as striker. even when he's concentrating he's gorgeous. I mentally slap myself for being so stupid. I see some of Adams mates. Kyle plays as goal keeper, hes glaring at the opponents as if they're a meal, I guess he's going for intimidation. I shrug. Just then he does a flip in the goal. I smile. I have a good feeling about this match.

The whistle goes, starting the game.

................................................................

I run down to the changing rooms to meet Adam. The corridor is swarming with cheerleaders and jocks ready to congratulate the boys. They won 3-2!
Leah and Charlotte agreed to meet me at the skate park before I headed down here. So now I'm sitting alone on a bench outside the changing room, with Adams milkshake and it's freezing. Great!

"Aren't you cold?" A husky voice says from behind me. I twist in my seat to see no one other than God himself. His beach blond hair and piercing blue eyes still bright in the fading light. Luke. I'm about to lie when I shiver.