Chapter 21

Im so sorry that i haven't updated for ages! Life's been really hectic recently. Unfortunately, my gran was Rushed into hospital. But I will try and update more regularly. please carry on giving me lots and lots of support! Love you guys!

...............................................................

Ella's POV

I shiver as I wait at the bus stop. Its late. Again. As the frost bites at my skin I can't help but think about my fathers face. Was it even his? i shake my head and absent mindedly begin playing with my fingers entwining them and then doing the opposite. Suddenly my phone goes off making me shriek quietly and jump in the air. I look around embarrassed, self conscious. But I'm alone.

Remembering my phone I pull it out of my pocket and slide my finger across the screen. Luke's name pops up onto the screen.

HEY BABE, CAN I COME ROUND LATER. I NEED YOUR HELP. LOVE YOU.

I smile and quickly tap a reply.

YEAH SURE. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE ABANDONED ME.

He answers in a matter of seconds.

I KNOW IM LUCKY. YOU'RE THE BEST!

My heart flutters in my chest. I feel like a love sick girl in a cringy teen movie.

DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE, HUNNY!

I roll my eyes and stuff my phone back into my pocket but not before seeing the time. Twenty minutes late, seriously? As if hearing my thoughts a small, scabby bus rolls up in front of me with a strange squealing noise. I cough and walk to the grumpy driver shoving the right amount of money under the glass window. The man grunts and then shoves me a yellow ticket.

......................................................,........

I wander around the shops. Everyone was busy today. Leah went to visit some family. Charlotte had to go to a strange concert with her mum and gran. Luke and Adam had something to do with football. So far in town I've bought matching anklets for Charlotte, Leah and I, which I will give to them for Christmas. Then a photo album for Adam, I'm going to put loads of photos of us growing up in it. So now my biggest problem is finding Luke a present. What should I get him? Do I get him something expensive or keep it simple? I ponder over this biting my lip as I move around the shop.

"Does Luke know Ella?" I spin around quickly. Behind me Kyle stands a smirk on his face. I look at him confused. What haven't I told Luke? "Do you need that?" I suddenly feel something in my hands, it feels like it weighs a ton. I glance down. In a rectangular shaped box a picture of a pregnancy test is displayed. My face flushes bright pink and I drop the box, it falls to the floor with a clatter. "Careful beautiful." he bends down and scoops it up.

"Thanks." I mumble shoving the box back on the shelf.

"Well you shouldn't bend over if you're pregnant." I scowl at him.

"I'm not pregnant Kyle." I say, moving past him. i hear him chuckle the smirk still plastered on his face.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed by. Sure Luke might panic but I doubt he'd leave you." I glare at him. "That wasn't very helpful was it?" I shake my head and continue walking away. I hear his footsteps behind me. "You'll be a great mum. See you've already got the forceful, bossy side."

"Shut up Kyle." I yell causing a few heads to turn in my direction.

"See your hormonal isn't that a sign of pregnancy." I continue walking away from him but he grabs my wrist and spins me around.

"Kyle you're annoying me."

"Are you sure you're not pregnant?"

"Kyle I am a virgin. That means I have not had sex. Which further means I cant have a baby." I yell. I get a few tuts from an older woman, meanwhile a mother steers her young children away from me as they start to ask questions before they're completely out of earshot I her the little boy say, 'mummy what does sex mean?' I mentally cringe and walk out of the shop.

"Wait Ella stop." I spin around and glare at him. if looks could kill...

"You completely embarrassed me in there. I'm not pregnant."

"Yeah I think we've established that." he mutters. "I'm sorry I was just surprised. Luke normally has slept with the girl by now." he says looking down at his feet. My cheeks flush tomato red again and now it's my turn to look at my feet.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise that I was just another one of his 'girls.'" I spit as much sarcasm and poison into my toneless voice.

"Come on Ella you know I didn't mean it like that." my face falls. What's wrong with me?

"I'm sorry Kyle. I really am. in just in a really bad mood because I don't know what to get Luke for Christmas." His smirk appears back on his face.

"Why didn't you say so? Follow me, my lady." I giggle and follow him.

"So what do you have in mind." We've started walking in a part of town that I haven't seen before. It's filled with sport shops and other boy like shops that I never thought about looking in.

"Well he needs a new football shirt, he's been talking about a new one for weeks. So you're a girl, right?" I roll my eyes.

"You thought I was pregnant earlier! what makes you doubt my gender now?" he sighs, ignoring me and continuing.

"So as I was saying you're a girl so you'll have fun choosing colours and what not." now its my turn to sigh.

"I laugh at your idea of fun for girls." He chuckles and turns into a large looking shop. As soon as we walk in I'm hit by an array of rainbow colours. "Wow!" I gasp.

"We are sponsored by this shop and they know Luke and I so you might get a discount. No promises though."

"What's his favourite colour?" I ask. He gives me a what the hell look.

"You're the girlfriend, you're the one who's meant to know that."

"Seriously you're his best friend." I gape. "never mind ill just pick a colour that makes his tan and eyes pop." I giggle.

"See, I told you that you'd have fun."

"You and him are about the same size, both have six packs and have broad shoulders as well as huge biceps so that means that you can model for me." He groans loudly. "Come on try this on." I throw an emerald green shirt at him which he catches easily. I throw a black one at him as well, and a light blue shirt a similar shade to his eyes. He groans again but disappears behind a curtain.

After 10 different coloured shirts and then another 15 with different fonts. I finally decide on a shirt with the perfect font. I place the order at the desk and practically skip out of the shop. it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Kyle chuckles at my childlike behaviour.

"Thank you, Kyle." I say stopping to let him catch up with me.

"It's alright, beautiful. Though we speak of my modelling skills to no one." I giggle.

"Yeah your pouting wasn't very masculine." He rolls his eyes.

"How did you get here?" He asks breaking the comfortable silence. I groan.

"Bus." I whine. He looks at me as if considering something.

"Look Luke's my best mate, you're welcome for a ride on the back of my bike though. Do you think he'd mind."

"I doubt it. its just a ride home." I shrug my shoulders though part of me feels as if he would. "I have to make Christmas Cookies, Luke's coming round later why don't you stay?"

"As long as I get to try one." I tsk but follow him to his bike.