Chapter 3

Dedicated to annonymous_forever for being my first follower and for all the support and ideas she has come up with.
Xxx
..............................................................

"Come on Gabs. Faster, faster." Adams shouts at me, blowing the yellow whistle round his neck for emphasis. I can't. I can barely feel my legs,Its like I'm not even touching the ground, and believe me not in a pleasant way. My lungs ache and my muscles feel as if they're about to give up. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we've been training since 8am. Adam came round in his football kit and practically dragged me out of bed. We were at the school field by 5 to 8.

"I can't. I feel really hot. This isn't the way that I planned to spend my Saturday!" I moan as I pass him slowing down slightly. He's making me dribble a ball around a pitch, weaving between cones.

"Quit complaining, if you have the energy to talk you have the energy to run faster, now go, go, go. You need to be game ready!" He emphasises on the ready. I'm wearing black tight shorts and a white tank top.

"We may not even be on the same team, you may be helping the enemy."
"No team would be stupid enough to pick you!" He remarks quietly under his breath. I don't think he meant for me to hear. I shoot him a glare. If looks could kill he'd be at least 6 feet under. He holds his arms up in mock surrender grinning from ear to ear.

I stop in front of him, the ball held in place under my neon pink trainers. I observe the course I've just done. A few of the cones at the beginning are wonky from the start, when I had practically no skill, but after a lap I got the hang of it.

Before that he'd got me to practice shooting while he tackled me. And then we swapped and I had to tackle him. It was pretty much useless. I'm so small and skinny and he's tall and plays football, for goodness sake. At Least now I feel a bit more confident than before. Hopefully I will be more of an asset than a liability.

"We done?" I ask, unable to keep the hope out of my voice. I start puffing in and out to try and regain my breath. He nods.

"Good job. You may even score a goal later." Adam praises, the coach authority in his voice still there, it is actually quite funny.

"I don't think so coach but I'll try. Maybe you'll score a goal later." I suggest, smiling at him.

"You know it." he says smiling at me. Of course he will he's Adam Taylor!

................................................................

I'm wearing the same tight black shorts, that show off my long tanned legs, courtesy of Turkey last summer. I have exchanged my tank top for a dark sky blue best top that hugs my body, and a purple zipped hoody. I'm hopping that although I won't have the skills to win, I may be able to serve as a distraction.

The skate park is about ten minutes away from my house. I check my phone, 5:30. Better leave, the match actually starts at 6.

I run/skip down the stairs. My mum's at work and Josh, is probably at Becca's . A.K.A. his perfect girlfriend, who's actually become my friend over the time that they've been dating. I grab an apple from the fruit bowl and sling my brown handbag over my shoulder and walk out the house, sliding my apple, purse and phone into my bag. I Lock the door and start heading for the park.

The sky is still light, a few clouds spot the sky, but other than that the sky is a beautiful fading blue. I look in the direction of the skate park, a few grey clouds are drifting towards it. I sigh and cross my fingers. Please don't rain. Please don't rain.

...............................................................

Everyone's already at the park when I arrive. Charlotte and Leah, bound towards me as soon as I'm in sight. Leah's dirty blond hair is pulled to the side into a fishtail plait, which rests over her right shoulder. She's wearing a colourful tie dye tank top with baggy black shorts, with her t-shirt tucked in. Charlotte's hair is tied into a pony tail, her curls bouncing around down her back. She's wearing a flattering pink tank top accompanied by a navy skort. They both look sporty, yet stylish. Geniuses.

"Damn girlfriend" Leah comments poking me in the stomach. She loops her arm with mine, while Charlotte loops her arm through my free arm. Together we walk towards the benches. "You look hot, babes!"

"I quite agree." A familiar voice says from behind us. We break our link and turn in union to face the God himself. His signature smirk is plastered onto his face. Again! His piercing blue eyes meet mine. They're a unique kind of blue up close. They remind me of waves, capturing and beautiful. He has certainly got his ego back from our last encounter. I blush. His smirk widens. He's dressed in his team football kit, looking around so are all the boys. I spot Adam in the corner, concentrating, aiming in the goal. Before I can answer I hear Kyle's voice from the goal.

"Right, we're picking teams, Moore, Reed, Taylor get over here." Smirking at me Luke grabs my hand and sprints towards Kyle pulling me after him, stumbling.

"Adam and I are captains, you get first pick Tylor." Kyle explains, glancing at Adam.

"I want Luke." he says, I guess he says it to annoy Kyle, however the logical reason is that he wants a good team. Part of me is offended that he didn't pick me.

"Fine." Kyle huffs, definitely annoyed. "I want Reed" I recognise the guy who walks up to him. Bailey. Yeah, Bailey Reed.

"Gabs." Adam says. I'm actually quite shocked After he picked Luke I thought I'd be last. I walk up to Adam, ignoring the gorgeous, smirking God on the other side of me.

It ended up with Charlotte on my team. Leah on the opposite team, with Kyle. She's batting her eyelashes and swaying her hips. She's in full flirtatious, seduction mode. It's beyond me how she can look so sexy doing it. I'd probably look as if I was having a fit. The looks she is giving him, I really don't think she minds that she's on his team.

I'm now running round a pitch, clueless while the boys tackle each other. May i add in the mud. We agreed on a half an hour game. More like, Charlotte, Leah and I refused to play for 90 minutes. Suddenly Adam passes it to me, to my surprise I stop the ball with the side of my foot it and dribble it towards the goal. There must be only a few minutes left. Kyle runs up to me about to tackle me, I spot Like and pass it to him. He dribbles it further, I run in front to get available. At the last moment he passes it and I kick it into the goal. Bailey and Kyle attempt to defend it, diving into the mud. But it slips through to the back of the net. I jump, beaming at Charlotte. Yes! She runs towards me congratulating me. I won the game. I scored a goal.

I look around for Adam he's shaking hands with an annoyed Kyle. Just then my feet are lifted off the floor and I'm being spun around. His muscular arms around my waist. Im pressed against his hard, chiselled stomach. It can only be one person. Luke. I giggle. I laugh. I smile. I only feel happiness. Sparks of electricity pass through us, it makes me wonder... does he feel them too?

...............................................................

The grey clouds have broken. Cold, wet droplets are falling down my face and saturating my clothes. My hood is up, not that it's serving its purpose anymore, Im drenched. 'A drowned rat' as my mother would say.

Just then I hear a roar of a motor bike. Startled I turn. The yellow head light is shining on me, blinding me. I squint. The cycle is black. I can just make out a guy sitting on the back. They take their hood down revealing a familiar face. I would know those blond locks anywhere. Luke. I sigh, I don't know why.

"Hop on." He says shortly.

"On that?" I question stupidly. Honestly though, who does he think I am? Me, motorcycles oh no!

"You can walk if you want." I don't know what I'm thinking but I swing myself on. Maybe the rain has finally gotten to me or its the idea of putting my hands on his stomach. I blush at my thoughts. He starts the engine. Cautiously I slide my hands round his hard stomach. Under my fingertips I can feel the lines in his stomach.

Just then the bike starts moving forward underneath me. We speed away into the night. I squeeze my eyes shut. Trying to focus on my senses. I can smell his cologne, cinnamon and another smell. He smells manly but kind. I'm back to thinking about Luke again! I never want this moment to end. Uh oh!

I think I'm falling for the bad boy!

...............................................................

What do you think will happen next?! What do you think so far? Remember to vote, comment and follow. I will be dedicating my next few chapters to those with the best ideas! Get thinking!!! New chapter coming soon...

Xxxx