Chapter 23

Ella's POV

I walk through the school gates. Adam couldn't walk with me today, early football meeting or something like that. I wrap my coat further around my waist, grasping onto any amount of warmth I can seize. I stride towards the pitch. Chatter and shouts cover the whole school. I push my way through the thick crowds to get to the pitch.

Just as I'm about to walk through the gates, I could harshly shoved to the left. I stumble to the side, only just recovering myself from falling.

"What the hell? Hey!" The guy keeps moving I run up behind him shouting. "You just shoved me." The guy spins around, red in the face, his eyes angry and annoyed. "Adam?"

"Ella." He spits. Turning back round. I grab his arm. He never calls me Ella.

"Oi Adam! What's going on?" He glares at me, taking two intimidating steps closer to me.

"Your pathetic boyfriend that's what's going on!" He roars. I look at him in shock. Part of me is terrified while another part of me is confused. What has Luke done? "He's kicking me off the team!" He hollers.

"What?" I demand, now I'm getting angry.

"You heard." With that he turns on his heel and walks away from me. In seconds he's disappeared into the thick crowd.

I march onto the pitch furious. Luke and his friends are stretching by the side of the pitch. Why is Adam off of the team?

"Luke Joseph Moore!" I holler. "Get here now!" Heads snap in my direction. Luke's face as the saying goes is like a deer in headlights. He sprints up to me, his blond hair is plastered to his forehead and his tanned skin is glowing with sweat.

"Baby?" He questions concerned, once about a metre away from me.

"Why the hell is Adam off the team?"

"Oh that..." Luke mumbles reaching up to scratch the back of his neck. I glare at him.

"Yes that." I spit. "He just bumped into me when leaving the football pitch."

"He did, did he?" He says awkwardly.

"Luke... Explain"

"Well he's not really uh... We're trying to create a new image to the team."

"Excuse me?"

"Look we've decided to replace him. We need to win these next matches. We need intimidating players and Adam isn't intimidating neither is he the best at football."

"So you kicked him off for his looks?" I ask incredulously.

"Yeah?" I raise my eyebrows as if to say 'really?' He quickly changes his answer "No, no not because of that." I shake my head.

"Well which is it?"

"Babe, don't be upset. I have to do what's best for the team." I shake my head.

"Don't you babe me. He's perfectly good looking I don't understand the problem. I mean your letting Kyle on the team? He's not that hot?" I say gesturing to Kyle.

"Ouch, that hurt my heart Ella." Kyle says running his chest. I roll my eyes.

"Why can't you let him back on, who's replacing him?"

"He's missed the loads of goals recently, his heads not in the game anymore. I think we're going to put Toby in his place."

"It's a game not a fashion show."

"Baby. It's not just about his looks." Luke reasons. "Like i said he's missed a few goals recently."

"Please Luke."