Chapter 9

Dedicated to coussiebro for all her support and votes xxx Thanks.
................................................................
Luke's POV

Damn! He can punch. I hunch over clasping my stomach. All the air from my lungs disappears I can barely breathe. I don't know what pains me more the blow or Ella's screams. Just then Adam brings his knee up into my abdomen again and again and again. I groan in pain. I straighten and lunge at Adam. Under my weight he crumbles to the floor. He struggles against me punching me in the cheek making my vision blur.

I punch him in the nose, blood pours. Its a deep red liquid which is thick and dribbles down his face. Kyle grabs my shoulder and tries to pull me away from him. I'm aware of Ella running out of the kitchen. Glistening tears on her cheeks. Before I can think about it more Adam lunges for me again.

"Adam stop." I hear Kyle shout as he pulls at Adam's shoulders stopping him. Adam stumbles backwards away from me. "That's enough!" Adam looks at him fiercely slowly the anger in his face dies down. You're stupid if you want to fight with Kyle.

I rub my cheek. It's throbbing. After about a minute Kyle releases Adam and turns in the same direction as Ella. A part of me is full or jealousy and wants to stop him but the other part of me says to leave it. I watch Kyle disappear into the garden.

"You should both go." Leah says bluntly, no emotion in her voice.

"I need to see Ella." I say blankly looking towards the garden.

"No. You're not seeing her." Leah crosses her arms and stands in front of me.

"Please." I'm beginning to beg now. There seems to be a drive inside of me. A drive to see her.

"No. She's not going to want to see you phone her tomorrow. Trust me I'm one of her best friends I know her best."

"I just need to know if she's ok?"

"Kyle has gone to check on her. But I doubt she's ok." I nod my head. That's one thing I like about Leah she will always say everything how it is. instead of trusting words, I just nod my head. I'm not gonna argue with her anymore. She's small but actually quite intimidating. "Go home and sleep."

I turn and leave shooting one last longing look at the garden. I swing myself into my motorbike and start the engine it's loud hum filling the night. I turn into the road and drive going nowhere in particular. I'm travelling way of the speed limit, I guess I'll go home... Eventually.
................................................................
Ella's POV

The noises inside have stopped. There's no longer any shouting. I don't know how long it took for the tears to stop coming all I knew was that there was a fight and now Kyle is holding me. When he kissed me on the cheek it felt good but there were no sparks like the way there was with Luke.

"Do you want to go home?" Kyle asks interrupting the silence.

"No!" I say, too loudly and quickly. I look around to see if anyone else is in the garden. It's empty. "My brother can't see me like this. He'll ask loads of questions."

"Ok I understand, how did you get here?"

"Leah's sister drove us." I reply. My cheeks are probably blotchy and my eyes bright red, my makeup is probably allover my face.

"Do you want to go find her and Charlotte?"

"Is Luke and Adam still in there? "

"I don't know." I nod my head of course he doesn't. He seems to be contemplating something. "Do you want to crash at my place? My parents won't mind." I think about it. His words from town playing in my head. 'I will be here for you.' What the hell, Ella. Where else are you going to go? Leah and Charlotte won't mind. I try to tell myself that I also don't care what Luke this but I know I'm lying to myself.