Chapter 10

Lukes POV

The door slams shut. I shudder. When I had saw her, Id leapt to my feet my hand outstretched. Im frozen in that position now. I didn't realise that Id been holding my breath until I felt a burning sensation in my lungs. What have I done? I collapse back down on the sofa, breathing heavily. I focus on trying to control it.

"Why was she here?" I whisper. Silence. I turn to look at Kyle. His jaw is tight and his eyes are cold,his body stiff. "Answer me!" I shout through gritted teeth.

"After the fight she said that she didnt want to go home, I offered a place here for the night." He tries to shrug it off as if its nothing but I can see the weary look in his eye as he explains.

"So I make one mistake and she gets in bed with another guy." I spit at him. My fists are clenched by my sides, my body shaking.

"Hey don't even go there. You got into a fight with her best friend dude. Someone had to do what you should of done."

"I don't need pep talks from you." I collapse onto the sofa glaring at the floor.

"What are you on?" Kyle shouts at me. Great now we're both angry. The vein in his neck is pulsing and his eyes are filled with anger.

"What are you on? You slept with your best mates girlfriend!"

"We didn't sleep together! She just slept over! Nothing happened I wouldn't do that to you! She was mad and upset so I stepped in. You can't ask questions about what happened. You weren't even there to see what you did to her!" I'm speechless at that. I open my mouth to yell something back but I stop myself. His words only reinforce what I already thought. Part of me wants to ask how she reacted, the other part of me cringes away at the idea of me causing her pain.

"What... What was she like?" I ask quietly. It takes a while for me to find the right words. I take deep breaths, bracing myself for the answer. Kyle always tells the truth, exactly how it is.

"She was completely messed up. Tears, shaking, confused. Man she was so worried about the both of you." I'm biting on my lip deep in though. I did this.

"Im going to the skate park." I say standing up and striding out of his door, careful not to slam it too hard behind me.
................................................................
Ella's POV

It's Monday morning. I have stayed in my room the whole weekend, playing sad music and eating ice cream. I spot Kyle striding off his bus. An idea runs through me. Before I can think it through anymore I'm sprinting at him. His back is turned so that he can't see me. I leap on his back so that he's giving me a piggy back. I hear him gasp in surprise and take a step forward. I giggle. He grabs my legs and spins chuckling. I'm laughing hysterically now shrieking as air whips my hair.
Slowly my feet touch the floor again.

"Hellooo." I say smiling at him.

"Hey." he says putting his arm around my shoulders. I brush my escaped wisps of hair out of my face. "What was that for?"

"Why not? It was fun. Part of me wanted you to fall on your face but actually that would of hurt." I pretend to look thoughtful. Suddenly Kyle starts tickling my ribs, it sends me into spasms of laughter. I'm giggling hysterically. I can hear Kyle chuckling. Tears spring to my eyes and spill down my cheeks. Great there goes makeup.

"How did you know I'm ticklish?" I gasp after he eventually stops.

"Just a guess." he says shrugging it off.

"C'mon lets go." I nod my head sorting out my hair again.
................................................................

"There you are!" Leah says grabbing my wrist as soon as I enter tutor room.