Chapter 12

Dedicated to AllyBrooks5 for being really supportive and simply brilliant! She's amazing!
................................................................

"Im home!" I shout through the house closing the front door behind me. I can hear two voices coming from the dining room, Josh and Mum. Mum? I walk into the dining room my bag still over my shoulder. Josh and mum are sat around the oak table. My mum is still in her smart work clothes however she looks excited, meanwhile Josh looks bored and a bit cheesed off to be polite. I take a seat opposite Josh. "What's going on?" I ask looking at both of them incredulously.

"Well tonight we are having over some very special guests for dinner."
She waits for me to nod before continuing. "As you may know Daniel Moore is my boss so naturally I've decided to invite him and his family round for dinner." A wave of different emotions washed through me. Happiness, fear, nerves.

"I didn't know that." I whisper quietly. What happens if something goes wrong at work? That could potential cause a rift between me and Luke. I begin biting on my lip.

"The two sons are coming. The older one, Sam I think his name is, might be bringing his girlfriend. So there'll be eight of us. I'm going to need you all to chip in. Oh and you need to wear something nice. This is my boss, we must make an impression." Mum looks at me when she mentions the word nice. I pretend not to notice. Neither my mum or Josh knows about me and Luke. At least for tonight id like to keep it that way. "They're coming at seven. You have an hour and a half chop chop."

"Can I invite Becks over?" Josh asks looking at my mum.

"Uh I guess if she's here in time." Josh rolls his eyes and gets up. What was the point of that mum?

"Do you need any help with anything mum?" I ask as Josh leaves the room.

"You can lay the table and then go and tidy the lounge and your bedroom, you're bound to be up there at some point or if someone stumbles in looking for the bathroom." I nod. I walk into the kitchen and start pulling out our best white china plates and silky red-pink napkins. I fold the napkins neatly into triangles. I remember once trying to make a swan, it didn't turn out very well though. I place the silk down on the oak, then place the plates on top.

Once I have finished the whole table I step back admiring my work. The silver cutlery catches your eye as it glints in the light. The only problem is that for nine people our table is kinda small. I cringe and stride up the stairs to my room taking two steps at a time. As soon as I'm in my room I go straight to my bed and pick up all of my textbooks and slide them into my school bag which is hanging open on the floor. Next I gather all of my dirty laundry and dump it in the cream wash basket at the top of the landing. I shoot a glance at my clock, it's 6:30. It's taken an hour to make the table perfect and to tidy my room! I moan twenty minutes to get ready leaving 10 minutes for the finishing touches, aka makeup! I search through my wardrobe searching for an appropriate outfit. According to my mother it had to be 'nice.' My wardrobe seems empty, what would my mum call nice. Aha. I pull out a my red dress the skirt comes to just below my mid thigh but it hugs my small body. A thick brown belt accompanies it.

Sliding it off the hanger I stride into my bathroom and begin stripping out of my clothes. Slipping the red dress on I realise how soft he material is on my skin, it's a lot shorter than I remember however the brown belt somehow seems to make it look longer. I strap the belt on, the buckle sliding into the last hole as always. Next I slip on some black stilettos and release my hair into its natural auburn waves. I reapply my makeup being sure to outline my lips and making my chocolate eyes stand out with my black eyeliner. I spin in the mirror. The sleeves come down to just above my elbow.

I glance at my clock, I don't have much time left. I scramble through my jewellery box looking for some silver jewellery. I pull out my charm bracelet it has three simple charms that symbolise different milestones in my life. For example my fifteenth birthday. I slip it over my wrist and click the buckle into place. Next I pull out a sparkly, silver, chunky necklace. I tie the clasp at the back of my neck. Glancing in the mirror I realise how much the necklace attracts attention to my cleavage. The dress outlines my shape meanwhile the accessories highlight the best parts. I think I look really sexy, I do feel sorry though for Luke he's going to have a hard time keeping his eyes on my face. Tonight I'll be the one with the smirk.