Chapter 8

Dedicated to xxxcxxxixxx
For her AMAZING ideas and for always giving me feedback on my chapters.
................................................................

I don't know what's going on with me... Luke Moore... I never fancied him, sure I thought he's gorgeous but never imagined an... us. I think of all the other girls he's dated. Rose, Megan, Taylor, almost an endless list. I shove my hands under the cold tap, attempting to wash the thoughts away, sighing.

I walked home by myself today. Adam had gone to football practice. Adam. I'm a terrible best friend. He's so unhappy yet I'm continuing. I shake my head. God I'm so boring. Emergency music now!

I skip out of the bathroom and turn my stereo on. I turn my stereo onto the music channel. Some song I don't recognise comes on. I lie on my bed bobbing my head along to the song. I shut my eyes listening to the lyrics. As each line of the song is sung my body moves more. By the time the chorus comes on I'm on my feet doing crazy dance moves. My hips shaking and my arms going wild. A smile works onto my face. My hair falling in my eyes.
When the song finishes I grab my phone and text Leah and Charlotte.

GOING TO TOWN, HAVING A HAIRCUT MEET ME AT 5:00 OUTSIDE COSTA.

Well my hair is getting in my eyes and I'm almost 16 mum won't mind. I cringe of course she will. As long as I don't die it green or any other fluorescent colour it can't be that bad right?
................................................................

30 minutes later

I glance in the mirror my hair is straight and hangs just past my shoulders it's straight at the bottom. In the last few weeks my hair has developed some natural blonde streaks. I had more off than I intended but I think it looks great. Before I left I changed into my black, high waisted jeans and a red long sleeved shirt which I tucked in. I'm wearing my brown sandals with silver gems.

"Thank you." I call as i leave the shop. The hairdresser gives me a polite wave in return. I walk down the familiar street to Costa. Town isn't very busy today, barely anybody is about. I spot the red shop.

Suddenly somebody grabs my waist from behind. The hands are big and strong. I elbow the person instinctively, and spin to slap him. I hear a groan of pain. I look down. Its Kyle. He's clutching his manhood groaning and gasping. I splutter I don't know what to say.

"Oh God I'm so sorry are you ok?" I ask touching his shoulder. He growls.

"What was that for?" He gasps, straightening and staring at me in the eye. I never realised until now how tall he is.

"You grabbed me. What did you expect me to do. Most people when they are grabbed from behind are about to be abducted or raped." I state, meeting his eyes with a cold glare. Where did I get so much confidence from? Probably caught it off Luke. Because confidence is contagious like that. He mutters a profanity under his breath. I pretend to ignore it.

"You've cut your hair." He comments softly playing with a lock of my hair, brushing his fingertips across my cheek as he does so.

"Yea. Thanks for noticing."

"Anytime, you see I have an eye for pretty girls." i blush.

"Why did you grab my waist anyway?" I ask trying to steer away from his comment, the conversation has started to feel wrong. I have a boyfriend and I know he knows that.

"As I said I have an eye for pretty girls. But you're right I just wanted to ask you why you're dating Luke? He smokes , he drinks, he has a huge ego and he's a player. Why would a pretty girl like you want to date a player like him?"

"Kyle you can't ask me that." I say shortly, turning away from him. He grabs my wrist stopping me.
"Just consider all your options, I'm here for you. Before you make your decision think about Adam, he will quit the football team if this continues. He's already talking about it. Didn't you know?" I'm shocked. Adam wouldn't leave. If he left he definitely wouldn't get a scholarship to that school he's desperate to go to. Oh Adam. "I gueas not. Have a nice day, Ella. Remember I'm always here." With that he turns and walks away from me never looking back, he leaves me standing in the middle of the street stunned.
I turn on my heel and walk in the direction of Costa, not really in the mood anymore. When I walk in a wave of delicious smells hit me. The whole place smells like chocolate and cinnamon. All the colours are warm and inviting. I spot Leah and Charlotte sitting at a table near the back. I slide into the available seat, smiling at the girls.
"Oh my! Chika I didn't recognise you. I love your hair!" Leah gushes. I smile and blush.
"You look stunning how much of it did you cut off?"
"Umm well it used to be just past my elbow so about 30 centimetres..."
"Adventurous what does your mum think? Wait where is your mum?" Leah asks. I look down at the floor.
"Work." I mumble.
"She doesn't know does she?" Charlotte asks. They know me far too well. I shake my head slightly. "Does Josh?" i shake my head again.
"Oh chika." Leah sighs. I guess I didnt think this plan through as well as I should of.
"She's at work the whole time I doubt that she'll notice." I murmur.
"Don't say that." Charlotte says grabbing my hand. "We ordered you a mango and passion fruit cooler." I smile. They're such good friends.
Just then a older lady comes over with a clear cup containing a brilliant orange liquid. It looks lush. I sip at the drink. The lumpy, icy texture slides down my throat sending my taste buds into joy.