Chapter 18

Dedicated to @dani_be_like for her messages and support!

................................................................
I walk through the school gates, my brown hair whipping me in the face as the stinging wind hits me. I pull my hair over one shoulder, protecting the right side of my head. I'm walk towards the football pitch, knowing that the stands will provide some shelter from the biting wind and that the boys will be playing rain or shine. I pull my red and white scarf tighter around my neck, burying my face in it and pull my banned hoody tighter around me, my blazer stuffed in my school bag.

Once I walk into the stands I spot Charlotte and Leah immediately. They're huddled in the corner of the stands, wrapped in coats and hats and scarves.

"Ella, over here." Charlotte calls her voice shaking. I turn my body to walk towards them, a small smile tugging at the ends of my lips. They're both leaning into each other, reminding me of a group of penguins. I giggle, my teeth chattering. I slowly walk through the stands, my cold, aching muscles not permitting me to go any faster. It's the Monday after the concert. We came home yesterday evening. I'm completely shattered. I woke up with ten minutes until we had to leave. The morning was rushed. I skipped breakfast so my stomach is growling angrily.

"Hi." I whisper, taking a seat next to Charlotte and leaning in to her joking their lonely group of penguins.

"Hey." Leah greets, her voice sounds hoarse.

"We h-h-have art f-f-first don't we?" I ask, my teeth chattering more than ever. My voice is muffled by my scarf. Leah nods her head stiffly. Great, nothing too hard.

"I'm so tired." Charlotte moans. I move closer to Charlotte, wrapping my hoody tighter around my body and nuzzling my head deeper into my scarf.

"Me too. The concert was great though!" I whisper, my voice picking up though slightly at the end, at the memory of excitement still leftover from the concert.

"Hmm." Leah agrees quietly. We sit in silence for a while watching the boys run around on the pitch. I spot Luke's blond hair, its ruffled from the wind, but in a sexy sort of way. His face is composed with concentration as he tackles Kyle. Luke gains possession of the ball after a vicious tackle and begins running up the pitch. Bailey tries to tackle him, but Luke passes to Connor Lees who passes back to Luke who aims the ball at the goal and kicks it hard. The goal keeper dives to defend the net. The ball slides through his fingers and into the back of the net. Luke jumps about 10 feet in the air fist pumping. Adam and the rest of his team mates run up to him, celebrating their victory.

"Did you see that goal?" I ask Charlotte. I don't know much about football, but I know that that was a good goal. A very good goal!

"Yeah. It was a-a-awesome." She responds. I nod my head in agreement and begin staring at my black Vans, circling them, to warm up the muscles.

Just as I start on my second foot, I hear laughs from behind us. I turn. Kyle, Luke and Bailey are stood behind us. How did they get up here so quickly?

"Can we help you?" I tease, acting as if I don't know them. They just laugh harder. I blush. I don't think they can tell though because my face is pretty much covered by my scarf. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Why do you all look like you're planning an expedition to the South Pole?" Luke asks, ignoring my question and making Bailey and Kyle chuckle. I glare at him, shooting daggers with my eyes.

"That's something you've always wanted to do isn't it Gabs? Remember when we built an 'igloo' out of your mums couch cushions. Your mum was furious!" Adam teases, laughing at the memory and taking a seat next to me, draping an arm round my shoulders. I slap his arm and turn my glare on him. He holds his hand up in mock surrender.