S-Rank [60]

Hello, hello. In a weird way, I feel like I'm talking to a ghost town, even more than before. This story hasn't ever had some crazy faithful following, but after last chapter released it was a bit rough of a reminder how dead — aha... in a story about Necromancy — this story is.

But regardless, I'll be damned if I let that stop me from writing something I adore. I won't lie, chapters probably won't be out as fervently as they once were, but I'm gonna ride this story until the very end.

Hopefully, you'll ride with me, whether you're one of my silent readers, or one of my bombastic commenters.

Enjoy the chapter.

-----

Underneath New York's Gargantuan Gate were five individuals known as the Divine Five.

They were the leading powers on Earth, and the five strongest Hunters around.

Su-Ho, the Sovereign of Hunters, was at the front of the pack. He was an attractive young Korean in his mid-twenties, and he was the leading force in everything Hunter-related. The world had only ever seen him fight once, and it was a showing so fantastic that people fully accepted that he was the strongest Hunter in the world.

Su-Ho clicked his tongue as he looked into the sky. He spoke casually, his voice was strong, but not particularly deep. "Well, this is weird."

Next to him was Faust, kneeling to Su-Ho. He was a well-known European scientist, and rumors followed him about being once known as Frankenstein. He was the leader of the American Guild, the Golden Circle. He was also Su-Ho's personal secretary. Faust looked to his right, his silver hair shaking lightly in the wind.

His voice was analytical to a T, lacking much emotion behind his words. "Pierce, what does the situation look like?"

To Faust's right was Kail Pierce, an African American fortune teller. On a day-to-day basis, he was the most seen member of the Divine Five, appearing in public to assist normal civilians daily. His fortune telling business was the most well-known in the world, mainly due to his ability to see Fate.

His orange eyes glowed as he pouted, staring at the Gate.

In his vision, he could see time speeding up as hours in the future were displayed to him. As his vision became strained, he blinked, and his sight returned to normal. He shook his head, "Nothing on my end. Guaranteed by Fate, the next 24 hours are Dungeon Break free. Which is...." His smooth voice tapered off slowly.

To Su-Ho's immediate left, Matrikiano let out a low hum. She was a pale, European freelance mage, just like her daughter. She was a shapely woman, and her dress showed her curves. While some would think that wearing a dress in combat would be a poor decision, her abilities, while unknown, guaranteed that she was more than qualified to stand at the top of humanity.

Matrikiano glanced around, looking at the flow of mana in the surrounding area as it rustled her pink hair around. "Strange. The flow isn't being pulled into the Gate, so it physically can't break. It may be a result of the Gate's size."

Su-Ho sighed, beginning to pace back and forth. Kail, Matrikiano, and Faust were used to Su-Ho's actions, but one of the members still couldn't wrap his head around it.

"What's there to think about? We can't touch it, it's a simple as that," An obnoxious voice said, shrugging.

Su-Ho didn't give the man any attention, but the other members of the Five did. Faust's head turned slowly. Matrikiano let out an annoyed sigh and rolled her eyes. Kail simply blinked at the man, looking at Matrikiano, who gave him an exasperated look back. He glanced at Faust, who didn't look back, but understood him regardless.