Home [55]

Sometime roughly between ten minutes and fifteen minutes later, (Y/n)'s Shadows were done. Before him, Fanzer, and Ichigo, was an absolutely massive pile of mana crystals and Lucentials. And beyond that, the bodies of hundreds upon hundreds of Constructs were strewn about. All in all, it was roughly 600 mana crystals and a thousand Lucentials.

(Y/n) noticed Fanzer and Ichigo slowly rising from their sleep. Fanzer was the first to leap up, abruptly surprised by the remaining treasures before him.

"Holy hell, we'll be rich forever! Wahoo, this is more than enough to—"

(Y/n) peeked open an eye, smiling. "It isn't just for us. A lot of Hunters have been hurt by Yogumunt's actions. We can't take 100% of this."

Fanzer suddenly deflated. "Aww, so you just left this huge pile of riches to tease us. You're a monster, a monster! That's just messed—"

(Y/n)'s smile grew larger, "But you can take this." The Shadow Sovereign tossed Longshen's mana crystal towards Fanzer. The Thief scrambled to catch the mana crystal, holding it tight within his grasp when he did. He slowly opened his hand and stared at the crimson red crystal.

Fanzer looked at (Y/n) with wide eyes, his gaze glistening. "You'll really give this to me?! But...."

(Y/n) shrugged, "You took Longshen out, so that should be rightfully yours. Ichigo."

The Gourmet glanced towards (Y/n), who then tossed her Kali and Nyx's mana crystals. She caught both in a single swipe, giving (Y/n) a somber look. "Did they...?"

(Y/n) shook his head. "They chose to join Yogumunt — Yama, now — in the Shadow army."

Fanzer blinked at (Y/n). "Wait, the Shadow army...? Doesn't that mean...."

(Y/n) grinned, feeling a bit proud, "You're both looking at the new Shadow Sovereign, given the personal blessing of Ashborn himself."

Fanzer's mouth hung open. Ichigo seemed more confused than anything, but even she could notice the importance of (Y/n)'s statement.

"You're... but... how... I just...." Fanzer stumbled for a moment before closing his mouth and just simply staring.

(Y/n) simply shrugged, rising from his spot with a small stretch. "I'll be giving Uriel's to Cha, and Beelzebub's to Goto."

Ichigo nodded, raising her fingers to follow along. "So, you'll probably keep Yogumunt's?"

(Y/n) confirmed her question with a nod.

"But then, what about Enkidu and Lilith's?"

(Y/n) was quiet for a moment before shaking his head with a small smile. "Those two are now being living their own lives, amongst humanity."

Ichigo's eyes widened. "What?! What do you mean?!"

(Y/n) scratched the side of his head. "I could sense humanity rising within them, and I didn't feel much like killing them. So, we gave them a warning, and they were released. Even I don't know where they are now."

Ichigo slowly nodded, letting out a sigh of relief. "I'm... glad. I didn't want those two to be killed."

Fanzer shrugged at the words, holding up Longshen's mana crystal. "More importantly, what's happening with all of these corpses?"

(Y/n) walked to Fanzer's side, looking out at numerous monster corpses. They could be used to make armor, weapons, or other valuables if they were within the right hands. (Y/n) had little doubt that he could eventually use all the corpses efficiently, but he doubted whether he should, rather than if he could.