Horseman [65]

The story is really picking up now! I really consider this a major turning point for the story, with the introduction of a major antagonist in this chapter!

I hope to keep my somewhat consistent updates up, for those of you who enjoy this story like I do!

I'm just having a good time with this all, and I hope you're all having just as good of a time!

The next chapter should be out pretty soon! Keep a lookout, my friends!

-----

As soon as they appeared, Raskreia moved with the combined elegance of a dancer and the fierce intensity of a lioness multiplied by a thousand. In between her steps, her body shimmered and merged with the surrounding area's darkness.

[Raskreia is using the skill: Vampiric Stealth.]

It was similar to a skill he'd been learning to use but hadn't had many reasons to use it thus far. (Y/n) was glad to have seen it in person, simply to understand what her abilities encompassed.

Vampires weren't a common threat to face as a Hunter, but whenever they did appear, S-Ranks were guaranteed to pass away. It was simply bad luck for the poor saps who faced them.

Raskreia only relaxed after looking through the room's window, noting that Esil was still telling Igris about the new leader of Tartarus.

"Hey, Raskreia, do you know anything about the new leader?" (Y/n) asked, sitting on the edge of the adamantium statue. "And are they the sneaky type to just pull us to Earth to fight us there? And why are you hiding from Esil?"

Raskreia huffed out a snort. "All I know is they control skeletons like the ones we just faced. Where they're located or who they are is beyond me. I can only imagine they thought Earth would be a place of power for them, with all the bones around. Too bad you've shown yourself to be a tough cookie. And I'm not hiding from Esil."

(Y/n)'s eyebrows rose. He gestured to her vaguely. "This looks specifically like you're hiding from her, using 'Vampiric Stealth' kinda proves you're trying to hide."

Raskreia glanced back in muted surprise. "So, you know about Vampiric Stealth? I suppose you're just full of surprises. I'm not hiding from Esil. I'm observing that Igris Impersonator."

(Y/n) blinked. "Igris Impersonator?"

Raskreia bobbed her head. "Of course. The real Igris must be somewhere out there, in the universe after Ashborn's death. To be anywhere else would tarnish the name of the Shadow Sovereign."

(Y/n) scratched the side of his head. 'I feel like saying I'm the Shadow Sovereign just isn't worth it right now. The hassle it'll create is just way beyond me. Although, Raskreia does bring up a decent question. Why didn't Igris come here after Ashborn's Death? Why was he in the Dual Dungeon?'

(Y/n) shrugged lightly. "Well, maybe he's not an Igris Impersonator. Maybe he's the real thing."

Raskreia scoffed. "Please, if my husband, the one and only Igris, was here in Tartarus, I'd be the first one to know."

(Y/n) paused, his mouth hanging open. Additionally, within his Shadow, he could feel Uriel's teeth grinding together in muted shock. Yama's boisterous laughter only pulled the situation together. "You're Igris's wife? Really?"

She shrugged. "I mean, maybe there aren't any documents proving it, and maybe I've never even met the beautiful stud of a knight before, but that doesn't change that he's essentially my soulmate."

(Y/n) blinked. From afar, he was hit by a sudden feeling of jealousy, and it took him a moment to realize it was from Uriel, deep within his Shadow. With a growing smirk, (Y/n) asked, "Is he really that amazing?"