Hunters Guild [18]

But... his grin was filled with nervousness.

Cha's energy flowed like a calm river, filling the air around her with dense but flexible potential. She was relaxed, but (Y/n) sensed an undeniable adaptability within her. If the need arose, he had no doubts that she could silence him before he had a chance to respond.

[Admiral of Maritime Warfare]
[Cha Hae-In]

Absentmindedly, (Y/n) realized he knew very little about the titles he had encountered so far. He ignored them because they didn't give much information on their own, having only seen five different titles over the course of his life, but he had a feeling he'd be seeing more soon.

Still, with nothing concrete to note about them, he ignored them for now.

Either way, Sung was suddenly very confident he couldn't win in a fight against her.

But despite how many horrible realities he envisioned happening, he knew that Cha wouldn't attack him. Without good reason, she'd never attacked anyone before. Without good reason....

(Y/n) blinked, 'Have I given her any reasons to attack me?'

Cha flushed slightly. (Y/n) noticed it and took it as a silent victory, his quips normally didn't connect.

"I wouldn't have to greet you so poorly if you didn't intrude on an officially owned Gate," Cha lightly massaged her temples, attempting to cover her flushed cheeks. She didn't succeed.

A lightbulb suddenly went off in (Y/n)'s head. He finally understood what he'd been forgetting.

"So that Gate was under the Hunters Guild's jurisdiction," (Y/n) nodded softly to himself. He glanced at Cha with squinted eyes, "So even though it was a Red Gate, we'll still be receiving punishment?"

The E-Rank's words were sharp, and Cha was silent. She shook her head softly.

"Not quite, no. Without a doubt, you three must've gone through a lot of trauma and loss in order to survive that Red Gate, so I'll personally make sure you don't receive harsh punishment," Cha shook her head, looking down to the floor. "But... Choi Jong-In needs to make sure the Hunters Guild isn't being manipulated. Just come with me and I'll try to assist you."

Cha looked up to (Y/n), her gaze unwavering. The Necromancer studied her.

'She must think that we weren't the only ones to enter the Gate, but that we were the only ones to get out. For now, I'll just roll with it,' (Y/n) thought, sighing and giving her a soft nod.

"Alright. Give me a moment," (Y/n) walked towards Cha, giving her a small smile. "You haven't changed a bit, you big softy."

Cha let out a small huff as the corners of her lips twitched upwards. She tried to ignore it. She failed.

(Y/n) peaked into his sister's room, trying to stay quiet. Inside, on her bed, Jino softly snored, her mouth wide open as a smile rose to her face. She looked content, as if she was having a nice dream.

With a confirmation of his sister's state, (Y/n) let out a satisfied sigh and closed the door behind him. He turned to Cha and gave her a nod, and with that, they were off, towards the Hunters Guild in the dead of night.

-----

The two old friends walked briskly through the night. Their conversation was filled with short questions and answers, reminding the duo that their lives were so heavily focused on Hunting that free time basically didn't exist for them. They both made a promise to "actually get hobbies" in the future.

Soon enough, they arrived in at the Hunters Guild.

It was a fairly nice place. The furniture was well-kept, the air conditioning was nice, and the room was quite spacious. There were a few guild members walking and talking about, with a few others doing paperwork and generally making sure the space was clean.