Tempest [13]

Fanzer Leblanc sat on the branch of a large tree flicking through his various cards, humming softly to himself. His purple eyes glimmered under the soft glow of the consistent moonlight. His face scrunched up as he split his cards into various sections.

He sighed, laughing, "Damn, getting stuck in a Red Gate was the worst thing that could happen to me today. I was already running out of cards, but now...."

Fanzer picked up his 64th card, where Legacy was held, and summoned the weapon into his hand. As soon as his hand touched the dagger, he felt like his hand would fall off with how heavy it was. He hadn't noticed it before due to instantly pulling it into his card.

"Holy hell, could Mom really carry this so nonchalantly?!" He cursed, running mana through his arm to properly hold the obtusely heavy object.

As purple mana softly flowed off his arm, now thick enough to see even with an untrained eye, Fanzer noticed something intriguing. His own mana was flowing towards the heavy dagger and being absorbed into it.

Although Fanzer silently noted that such a situation couldn't have been good for his health, he was mesmerized by the item.

His mana got sucked deeper and deeper, the Thief looked intently at the blade. He could see something, something small, and invisible. He wasn't sure if the drained mana was causing him to see things or not, but within the blade, he could barely see two golden orbs looking back at him.

He looked closer, squinting. He swore he could see something, although he wasn't quite sure what it was.

However, he had to stop his curiosity in its tracks before Legacy could such his mana pool dry, Fanzer stabbed Legacy into the bark of the tree, looking at the dagger with a complicated gaze.

"Damn, I definitely messed this one up. This was the weapon Mom had for sure, but...."

He could hear her words flashing through his mind.

'This dagger is a truly amazing thing, and one day, it'll finally be in the hands of the person who it belongs to. I know it sounds strange, but you should help them. They'll probably need the help too! If you do, maybe you'll have a beautiful guardian angel of a wife, kiddo!'

"I was so caught up in finally finding this weapon that I couldn't even remember the most important thing about it. Hmm... what to do... what to do...." Fanzer tapped at his chin dramatically, until he just sighed and picked up another card.

"Card 2: Burger and Fries Kit," Just as it seemed, his card disappeared and a fresh, homecooked burger and fries appeared before him, certain to attract nearby monsters with its alluring smells. "Well, there's no point in worrying on an empty stomach, I'm sure Mom would agree on that."

-----

(Y/n) Sung sat outside the small wooden building, looking up at the moon. His expression was dark, darker than usual. All around were his summons, just as they were before, standing guard reliably.

He could've gone to sleep, like Ichigo did, but something about her words stuck with him.

Sung put his hands behind his head, letting out a soft sigh.

He chuckled somberly, "I can't believe I let that bother me. I know I've been in a lot of close shaves, but... I'm alive. My heart is still beating in my chest, I get scared, I get happy, that sort of thing. If that's not being alive, what is?"

Silence overcame him, but although he didn't vocalize his thoughts, he continued to think about Ichigo's words.

From what she was insinuating, (Y/n) either wasn't human, or he wasn't alive. But based on her statement a little earlier, she noted that (Y/n) always had Undead Mana, even before his Dual Awakening.