Awakening [23]

The slime's tentacle was the first thing to be shredded in Ichigo's mouth. Just a few bites and then she swallowed it. The monsters took a step back, but she advanced.

"I'm hungry!" Ichigo laughed, her bat splitting through the air and slamming into one of the werewolf's heads. She grabbed one of the werewolf's fluttering arms at its wrist and tore it off. She pulled the limb up to her mouth before absentmindedly running mana through it.

In an instant, the mana coursed through the arm, burning away all the blood and bad bacteria, leaving behind what was safe and edible. Ichigo sunk her teeth into the food, taking a big bite and spitting out the fur.

Suddenly, strength unlike anything she'd ever experienced raced through her body. White energy leaked from her eyes as she grinned, finishing off the werewolf's arm in a fraction of a second.

She cracked her neck, smiling at her enemies.

The Gourmet moved.

For the monsters, it was like a horror film.

Ichigo ate, and ate, and ate her way through her enemies. Burning off the calories as soon as she took them in. The monsters couldn't help but flinch away as Ichigo came storming through, eating, and destroying absolutely everything in her path.

Soon before long, she was the last thing standing, the bones and remnants of the nearby monsters being the only things left behind.

Ichigo grinned, letting out a sigh of relief. She spun her bat through the air before beginning to walk back to the entrance of the Gate.

"That hit the spot."

Ichigo Jin-Sol entered the Gate, but Ichigo the Gourmet left it. Her Soul Attribute was officially unlocked. She stepped out of the Gate with a slightly nervous expression on her face.

"Now... how do I get back?"

-----

"Lucky Coin," Fanzer unconsciously summoned a coin to his hand, a skill that he suddenly obtained. He flicked the finger into the air. Jin-Chul's gaze stayed locked onto Fanzer.

'Heads for big buff, tails for bigger debuff,' Fanzer thought, setting the conditions for his skill. Fanzer smirked as the coin slowly started to fall back down. "Come on then, you simple bastard!"

Jin-Chul smiled before a shockwave of power exploded from behind him and shot him towards Fanzer. He disappeared for an entire second, his presence just vanishing before he suddenly reappeared, his fist raced towards Fanzer's face.

Fanzer could tell that the blow would probably shatter some bones if he couldn't dodge. Miyoung's eyes widened just slightly, and she took a step forward, extending her hand. But Fanzer's smile stopped her. He didn't even try to dodge.

A nanosecond before Jin-Chul's fist impacted with Fanzer's face, the coin hit the ground and settled. Then in the next instant, Jin-Chul's gauntleted fist struck Fanzer's jaw. Jin-Chul expected his blow to send his opponent flying, but when it didn't, he took a step back before jumping back.

"What changed...?" Jin-Chul spoke, closely looking at Fanzer. His body was unchanged, and his mana was the exact same too, but suddenly he was able to block Jin-Chul's attack with stunning efficiency.

Fanzer's hands shot out in front of him, his fingers twitched as tons of mana swirled underneath his control. The wind and lightning elements that Fanzer was most proficient in dared to spill from his fingers.

"For five seconds... I can control half of my mana. I really suggest you block," Fanzer warned, and then, he unleashed all the built-up mana within his hand.